Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi , I am having trouble with ho deksjet 2710e all the time . The printer is connected to internet but everyday other day i need to restart to make it work . As it gives me error printer is busy .

what is the point if i have ro restart everytimw before planing to do a print.

can you please help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ShashiGupta,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your frustration with the HP DeskJet 2710e constantly showing a "busy" error and requiring restarts. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to fix the issue:

Hard Reset:

1. Turn on the printer.
  2. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer and unplug it from the wall outlet.
  3. Remove the USB cable if connected.
  4. Wait for 2-3 minutes.
  5. Press and hold the power button on the printer for 30 seconds to drain any residual power.
  6. Plug the power cord directly into a wall outlet (avoid power strips or surge protectors).
  7. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer.
  8. Turn on the printer and wait for it to complete its startup routine.

Check for Print Queue Issues:

1. Open the print queue on your computer (usually accessed through the Control Panel or Settings).
  2. Check if any print jobs are stuck or pending.
  3. Cancel any stuck jobs and try printing again.

Connectivity Issues:

• If connected via USB: Ensure the USB cable is securely plugged into both the printer and your computer. Try using a different USB cable if possible.
  • If connected wirelessly:
    • Check your Wi-Fi connection and ensure the signal is strong.
    • Restart your router and modem.
    • Verify that the printer is connected to the correct network.

Other Potential Causes:

• Paper jam: Check for any paper jams inside the printer and clear them carefully.
  • Low ink or toner: Check the ink or toner levels and replace any empty cartridges.
  • Outdated printer software: Download and install the latest HP DeskJet 2710e software drivers from HP's website.

Additional Tips:

• Power source: Try plugging the printer directly into a different wall outlet to rule out any power issues.
  • Background processes: Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that might be interfering with printer communication.

Here are some helpful resources:

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.