Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7134 All-in-One Printer
iOS

Hello,

Until a couple of weeks the print anywhere function with the HP Smart App worked perfectly from anywhere I was, mobile data or WiFi. Now the printing only happens when I am on the same WiFi network as my printer (HP Envy 7134). I am running the latest IOS on my iPhone 15 Pro and the firmware is up to date on the printer.
When trying to print through the App away from home the App shows the printer is available and when I send the print job, I get the message that the print job has been sent. However, it never prints, The notifications icon within the App show the job has failed. I have tried turning off and on both the printer and phone. I have even put the printer back to factory setting and gone through the set up phase again. The issue remains!

Any ideas please?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have a similar issue, printer is available, but the print button itself is greyed out even though it shows/available/online. Tried turning on and off and resetting printer!

HP Recommended

Hi community users!

The following link may be useful:

HP printers - Print Anywhere with the HP Smart app

SofiaML
HP Support Community

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.