Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2600
iOS

I no longer have the option to print in color from my phone or iPad. There’s nothing wrong with my color cartridge, it’s basically full and I can use the copy feature in color no problem. My phone and iPad are up to date and according to HP so is my printers firmware.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Ashley-1984

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you tried changing the print settings on your iPad or phone?
  • Have you tried updating the printing app to the latest version such as HP smart app?
  • Are you getting any error message or code while printing from iPad or phone?

While printing, open the Print Center app to view print job status and settings.

While the print job is in progress, open the Apps Switcher to view all apps that have recently been used.

iPhones and iPads with a Home button: Press the Home button twice.

iPhone X and iPad or later: Swipe up from the bottom to the middle of the screen and hold until the apps display.

Select Print Center to view the Print Summary.

NOTE: If Print Center is not available, the app automatically closed after the print job is completed.

Print Summary with print job settings and status

And, also refer to the article HP DeskJet 2600 Printers - Fixing Poor Print Quality- https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05370810 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes I’ve tried changing the settings, there is no longer an option for color printing in the settings, just black and grey scale.
My HP smart app is the lasted version and my iOS is also up to date. 

No there is no error messages , I can print fine, just no option to print in color 

I have tried restarting everything, I’ve checked to make sure the printers drivers and firmware are all up to date as wellD5350F83-4E96-4015-A3A1-FD459D06D0C6.png

HP Recommended

@Ashley-1984

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. 

• Are you able to make colour copies from the printer?
  • Have you tried printing from a different application or device? 

Keep me posted! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As I stated in my original comment, yes I can make color copies just fine and i have tried various app on both my iPad and my iPhone. I’ve tried printing directly from safari, my email, photos, the HP smart app, none give me an option to print colour 

HP Recommended

@Ashley-1984

Thank you for posting back. 

Are there any other iOS devices available that you can test this issue with? That would help isolate the issue further.

Try this workaround-
Under the Layout menu, you should find an option labelled Printer where you will find Printer specific options. Look for something there. You might also find an option called Color which may have options you are looking for.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there,

The information in the following link may be useful

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254507962

Regards,

SofiaML

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.