Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I un-enrolled in instant Ink because the printer was having problems and not printing at all. I fixed this and the printer was working just fine for about two months, then a warning popped up saying something to the effect of "if you do not fix instant ink, you will not be able to print soon"

Then the next day it shut off entirely. It refuses to print due to some instant Ink error. I went in and tried to get it to reconnect to instant ink, and it keeps saying that it cannot connect to the internet, or that there is no internet connection. However, I went into the the network settings and made sure that it said connected before I ever tried to re-connect instant ink. I set it up for both Ethernet and Wireless internet, both showing that they were connected and the same issue occurs. 

I tried to disable web services to see if this would let me bypass the error, but this seems to have not changed anything. I have disconnected the printer, tried a factory reset, and tried playing with the settings, nothing will get the printer to print again.

I currently have a black ink cartridge that I purchased locally, along with a magenta, but the others should be instant ink. All I need is the printer to work, I dont want the instant Ink program operating. I dont care if its connected to the internet, it just needs to print when I tell it to print.

I am using the HP Officejet Pro 8610 

What can I do to resolve this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@DVS_Knight

I am sorry you are frustrated.

After the Instant Ink Service is cancelled, you cannot use the Instant Ink cartridges in the printer.

You did not "purchase" the Instant Ink cartridges -- these are supplied as part of the Instant Ink print service.

Once the service is cancelled:  Instant Ink cartridges must be returned to HP -- details in your Terms of Service Agreement.

Example:

HP Instant Ink - USA - Terms of Service

Lots of important information and definitions, including:

#  4:  Printer Needs to be Connected to Internet

#  5:  Instant Ink Program Cartridges Must Be Returned by You to HP

#  7:  Service Plans -- What is a page?

#  8:  Rollover Pages

#13:  Customer Support Center -- Cloud Services Contact Phone Number and online contact link

#15:  Cancellation

You are correct to have disabled Web Services after the service is cancelled.

You may purchase the ink needed for your printer -- please purchase the color cartridges and the black, too.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Everything worked fine for a few weeks, then I received the "HP Instant Ink" error message, "Connect Printer to Update HP Instant Ink Status." Is this showing up because I installed my own ink cartridges the day I opened the prionter, and then did not install the ink cartridges that were mailed to me? Will installing the cartridges that were mailed to me fix my problem?

HP Recommended

If that isnt a scam I dont know what is. They purchesed the ink and you wont let them use it. You guys are nuts.

HP Recommended

@ScallopSupreme

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. I would like to remind you again to please be respectful to those who offer suggestions in this Community.  As a reminder:

Be respectful. Respect your fellow users by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive. Good or bad, your experiences are always welcome as long as they are offered in a courteous way. Respect people's time and attention by providing complete information about your question or problem, including product name and model number. People like helping those who ask good questions.

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.