Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
G7500 with Studio E70 and TC8 Kit
Android 9.0 Pie

We had to a factory reset on an TC8, when we got it paired the screen looks very different and when we checked the OEM Agent app is showing as 3.7-1006648 but the Firmware is showing 6.0.0.211616......is there a trick in getting the OEM agent updated so that the display would show correctly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi SteffenBaier,

Thank you for the reply but sometimes things are not as difficult as it seems but I have found the method in getting the OEM agent updated on the TC8 so for those that have the issue please see below:

For those that have the older OEM agent (you can tell if your TC8 does not show the colorful image):

- unpair the TC8

- go into settings and manually force the TC8 to look for a new OEM agent app firmware (not to be confused the device firmware because it might show 6.0.0.211616 however there seems to be 2 which is why I had this issue).

- system should automatically download and install the 5.0.0.211238

- once this is updated you can pair the device to the room and then log into the X50/52/70 and etc. web portal to go into device management 

- from there you will be able to update it to the latest 6.0.0.211616

This is for OEM agent app software/firmware version not to be confused with any other....

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @WeisWay ,

Welcome to the HP community.

Unfortunately, your post does not contain the currently used Software version for the HP Poly product for all the devices, the HP Poly Software, or the Provider Partner application you are using.

This is important especially in the future when someone finds this post in days, months, or years to come. Please do not simply edit the original post but reply with the versions.

Which pairing are you talking about? PolyOS pairing to the G7500 or Microsoft Teams pairing?

As you have not shared any screenshots it is hard to tell. A factory reset will wipe any previously installed software for any provider so once it is paired it will download the latest version as offered by the Microsoft TAC.  I am assuming this is Microsoft as so far I cannot see anywhere specified. How is the different OEM Agent preventing this from working?

We are all just volunteers here so any detail can help.

If an issue like this cannot be resolved via a public community post, please work with our support organization in your region. Details on how to contact us are in my signature

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi SteffenBaier,

Thank you for the reply but sometimes things are not as difficult as it seems but I have found the method in getting the OEM agent updated on the TC8 so for those that have the issue please see below:

For those that have the older OEM agent (you can tell if your TC8 does not show the colorful image):

- unpair the TC8

- go into settings and manually force the TC8 to look for a new OEM agent app firmware (not to be confused the device firmware because it might show 6.0.0.211616 however there seems to be 2 which is why I had this issue).

- system should automatically download and install the 5.0.0.211238

- once this is updated you can pair the device to the room and then log into the X50/52/70 and etc. web portal to go into device management 

- from there you will be able to update it to the latest 6.0.0.211616

This is for OEM agent app software/firmware version not to be confused with any other....

HP Recommended

Hello @WeisWay 

you still have not answered the question of the actual software version of the device you are pairing the TC with and more importantly the Provider you are using.

We assume this is 4.1.x or 4.2 and Microsoft but so far assuming is all we can. We also assume the device "pairs" fine on a PolyOS level and then fails on a Microsoft level in your case but again we can only assume this.

Local pairing on a PolyOS level does not depend on any "admin agent" version to my knowledge.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.