Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Polycom Studio USB

I am using a high-quality USB-C to USB-C cable to connect Polycom Studio USB (Firmware 2.1.2.001179) with my MacBook (MacOS 14.1) but only get 1280x720 video quality. 

I read a few threads here like and followed the guidance to use shorter (less than 3m) high quality USB-C cables

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Finally solved!
Now I get 4k quality because I am using a Thunderbold4 certified USB-C to USB-C cable (3.1 Gen1) instead of a USB-C to USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 cable for speed charging without Thunderbold 3/4 certification

snapshot-3.jpg

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello @ragnarh ,

welcome to the HP Poly community. The link you shared is for a Poly Studio X which is a different product from the Poly Studio USB you are using.

You have not yet shared what application it is you are using and which is only allowing this resolution. Have you tested this with Photobooth?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen 

I tried my best USB C cables with Studio USB and Studio R30, showing debugging Infos from Poly Lens in Zoom and Teams Meetings 

HP Recommended

Hello @ragnarh 

try Photobooth with the debug info as Zoom or Microsoft may only use the lower resolution. It depends on what the app requests and most likely they do not support 4k.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Example from a quick community search >here<

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, 

I searched this forum and the internet but could not find an App called PhotoBooth, only iOS/Android Selfie Apps

HP Recommended

Hello @ragnarh 

SteffenBaierUK_0-1715152124085.png

SteffenBaierUK_0-1715152217197.png

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you, Steffen!
Now 1920x1080 is shown Poly Lens Debugging which is still not 4k but an improvement 

HP Recommended

Hello @ragnarh 

I just tested this using my MacBook Apple M1 running Sonoma 14.5 with 16GB memory and also updated our general Video FAQ

• Dec 04, 2023 Question: How can I verify the resolution of my Poly USB camera or why does the application used not use 4K ?
    ResolutionPlease see >here

The arcticle explains the difference.

Best regards

Steffen Baier 

HP Recommended

Excellent and very helpful, article, Steffen!

Then the solution for me is to buy a different USB-C to USB-C cable (3.2 Generation 2x2)- or what do you recommend? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.