Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Windows 11 does not boot and gets stuck just past the bios post using HP ZCentral Remote Boost v 20.4.1.892 and earlier.
This software (which is required for me to work remotely) stops the boot up process just after my machine posts and exits the bios, never allowing windows to load up. The only way, after instillation and restart of this software client, back into windows is to use a boot usb drive and restore from a saved restore point. Something that took me many hours to debug. This software is integral to me being able to work remotely and I really need a solution.

My machine hardware and OS configuration is as follows:

i9 14900 KF intel processor

ASUS ROG Strix Z790-e gaming wifi motherboard

GIgabyte RTX 4090 Graphics Card

Western Digital 2TB m.2 SSD

Corsair Dominator 64 GB 6800 MHz RAM

Windows 11 Pro

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have upgraded to v22 of the receiver software and that still didn't fix it.

Disabling Windows Hello didn't fix it.

Finally, I custom installed the receiver software leaving everything at the default EXCEPT changing the USB configuration from the default of Local and Remote to only Local. That allowed me to reboot the machine, but as a result my tablet has lost functionality with the remote host. The mouse still works.  So that is  a solution, but a very imperfect one, particularly for artists or people using USB peripherals beyond a mouse and keyboard.
Ultimately, it seems that the remote USB driver isn't playing well with something in certain hardware configurations, possibly more modern motherboards.  I hope this helps someone. HP sure seems to be completely ignoring the problem, and at least this ticket.

HP Recommended

Did you do an upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11?  We have been seeing some issues with WMI classes being corrupted.  I have not been able to reproduce this issue, but we have had customers reporting they cannot install the sender or receiver after an upgrade.  Could you please send me an email to zcentral@hp.com with the above subject title, and attach you rg.log from the receiver that is having the installation issue?  It is located at Users/username/hpremote/rgreceiver.

I am an HP employee.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

This was a completely freshly built computer with a fresh installation of Windows 11, and not an upgrade of any kind.

HP Recommended

I am having private messaging enabled for you.  As soon as I am notified that this is done, will reach out.  Would like to see about collecting some logs.

I am an HP employee.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.