Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z2 Mini G9 Workstation Desktop PC RCTO Base Model

So I have this set up, but I can’t get it working if there’s no monitor plugged in

I found the technical document that explains how to set up headless Linux install, but I can’t seem to figure it out!

https://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/getpdf.aspx/4AA7-9532ENW.pdf

Some of the configuration files that the document mentions are in different places (and potentially different formats too) on Ubuntu 22

If anyone has successfully gotten this to work on Ubuntu 22 I would love some insight

I suspect if I had a dummy DisplayPort / HDMI dongle it would work just fine without having to muck around with any config files, so that’s probably what I’m going to end up doing

However if someone can suggest a software config fix instead, that would be great.  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Please find a document that I provide to customers that want to go headless on Linux.  What is in this document is what we ended up putting in the user guide, but I hand this out to people just looking for headless Linux solution.   However, you would not be able to go headless on an NVIDIA GeForce card, you would need to use EDID emulators that you plug into the graphic cards.  

Also, we only supported Ubuntu 20.04 and 18.04 up until the last releases of V20 or V22 for Remote Boost where we added support for Ubuntu 22.04.  

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.