Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z4 G4 Workstation (1JP11AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I've recently purchased a 5120x2160 monitor and when accessing the workstation locally via LAN, maximum fps I'm getting is about 23 fps. Also, color gradients started to show while rotation my 3D model (Siemens NX CAD)

Previously, using a 2540x1440 monitor, I used to get 29/30 fps.

Without going in to hardware/network/software details of my setup: is ZCentral capped to some resolution for smooth 30fps streaming?

Kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You don't mention which version you are using for Remote Boost, but latest release of V20.4.1 or V22.1.1 we updated the sender to support the larger displays.  We added 3440x1440, 3840x1600, and 5120x2160.  The default setting is 30fps, but you can  modify that in the senderconfigapp.exe tool.  This is located at Program File/HP/Remote Graphic Sender.  Make sure that when you save the setting, you select yes to restart the sender service so the changes take effect.  Keep in mind your network conditions, setting to zero is unlimited.

KellyRGS_0-1702416456313.png

Advanced Video Compression (AVC) might help, but you need internet access to activate it from the receiver.  You could also try turning off HP Velocity to see if that helps with performance. Sometimes the experience is better with it off, it is on by default.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You don't mention which version you are using for Remote Boost, but latest release of V20.4.1 or V22.1.1 we updated the sender to support the larger displays.  We added 3440x1440, 3840x1600, and 5120x2160.  The default setting is 30fps, but you can  modify that in the senderconfigapp.exe tool.  This is located at Program File/HP/Remote Graphic Sender.  Make sure that when you save the setting, you select yes to restart the sender service so the changes take effect.  Keep in mind your network conditions, setting to zero is unlimited.

KellyRGS_0-1702416456313.png

Advanced Video Compression (AVC) might help, but you need internet access to activate it from the receiver.  You could also try turning off HP Velocity to see if that helps with performance. Sometimes the experience is better with it off, it is on by default.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Kelly,

Thank you, I had troubles logging in. That's why I didn't reply sooner.

I'm stuck with Sender 20.3.1.8860 and Receiver 22.0.0.8873 (mainly because I can't find in vendor and pricing information for Belgium, I'm stuck with the last free version)

In the end I changed to a 4K monitor (for ergonomic reasons), so it works fast again.

Thanks for the tip of unlimited fps. I enabled that, though it doesn't go beyond 30 or 31fps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.