Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

The receiver is using a UWQHD (3440x1440) monitor.

I have enabled the following in the receiver's settings,

[Connection] -> [Set Sender display(s) to match Receiver Display(s)].

As shown in the figure below, the message that the resolution is not supported is displayed.

2024-01-30_12h09_55.png

Remote Desktop on Windows can correctly display UWQHD.

Is there a way to display the ZCentral Remote Boost in UWQHD regardless of the resolution of the connection?
If not, please consider implementing it.

Best regards.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

What version of Remote Boost are you using on your sender and receiver?  In Remote Boost V20.4.1 or V22.1.1 we added the following resolutions.  This was done to support wide screen displays.  Just as a reminder, both sender and receiver must be able to support the resolution(s) being requested.  So if your sender has a 1920x1200 display attached, and your receiver has 3440x1440, it will fail because the display attached to the sender cannot support that resolution. Now you can connect without resolution matching and then use scaling in the receiver tool bar.  Let me know how that works.  

3440x1440

3840x1600

5120x2160

Kelly

I am an HP employee.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Dear Kelly

Thank you for your reply.

Both Receiver and Sender were version 22.1.0.

Just as a reminder, both sender and receiver must be able to support the resolution(s) being requested

By setting the EDID of the UWQHD display in the Sender,
UWQHD display could be successfully displayed regardless of the Sender's OS.

Now you can connect without resolution matching and then use scaling in the receiver tool bar. 

In this case, the image was displayed at the resolution set in Sernder,
which itself is the same as before, so there should be no problem.

Once the problem was solved with EDID as mentioned above, it is fine, thank you for your time.

Thank you very much for your time and kind support.

HP Recommended

I should have mentioned, those resolutions we added are in the embedded EDID file in Remote Boost, mostly for going headless on the sender, if using the headless EDID property in the rgsenderconfig file.  However, adding the EDID for the higher resolution display through the NVIDIA control panel, as you mentioned, will resolve your problem because now the sender can support that resolution.  Glad everything is working for you now.

Kelly

am an HP employee.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.