Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am uncertain if this is the correct board for this issue, none the less here it is.

I am trying to deploy RGS's VMouseSetup.exe file to machines in my network using PDQ Deploy. However every time I try to run the deployment I am unable to do so successfully. 

I have used a lot of different parameters to try to silent install, and even attempted without. Is there a specific switch I could not be using? (I attempted the /z"" switch too). 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I know PDQ has some quirks to it for installation.  I believe you have to run things as elevated.  Are you using the MSI or the exe installer for the VMouse?  What version of Remote Boost sender.  The .exe version does not work as a silent install, just the MSI.

The VMouse only works on Windows senders.  It has been my experience that a reboot is not necessary after installing it.  It should up in Device Mgr.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello Kelly,

Thank you for your response, I do believe the problem lies within the exe file. I seem unable to find an msi for VMouse is there any chance you could point me in the right direction for this?

*Have run with exe admin permissions as elevated to no avail*

HP Recommended

Hello,  The MSI installer is packaged with the Windows Sender and Receiver.  Unfortunately I cannot attach it here.  You can download the Remote Boost V22 Sender and Receiver to get the HP VMouse.msi.  It will work with Remote Boost V20 or V22, whatever you are using.  You will need a username and password to complete the download.

https://h30670.www3.hp.com/portal/swdepot/index.do

KellyRGS_0-1712066555057.png

Kelly

I am an HP employee.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.