Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
deskjet 2700e

If i purchase this printer second hand will it stillook upp to HP instant ink even though it is no longer under warranty?  I have a just a year old one and it will not.  The day the warranty ran out the pin on the inside will not be accepted any more .  it keeps telng me that the pin is incorrect for my printer when it worked fine until the warranty was no longer on it.   I have paid way too much  am very frustrated that even my ofiI ney for a printer and ink that i barely used because it always needed to be reset  up and still most of the time in the whole year I could not even do that .   Even an HP rep could not doit remotely  a few times they tried.

I am so frustrated with HP, because even my old officejet 150 Mobile-all -in-one will not run anymore on its own without the HP Smart app and I cannot use my own refilled cartridges in it or the other two printers I have that are just over a year old.  They all give me the mssage that the cartridges are counterfeit.   This is not right to do this to customers because I cannot afford your ink prices and if I pay to have them refilled I shhould be able to use them.   Alaso if i paid for awhole year of instant ink at 13.00$ a month and only used 543 pages out of my 6400  that I have paid for.   Then I should be able to use the rest of the instant ink that I have paid for fully.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @kaspazzy,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you have cancelled the instant ink service and still using the instant ink cartridges.

HP Instant Ink is based on pages, not cartridges. Your monthly fee allows you to use our subscription cartridges to print your plan pages and includes ink or toner, delivery and recycling.

If you cancel the Service, even if the Subscription Cartridges provided with your subscription are not empty, they will stop working in your printer and you will have to replace all of them with standard cartridges.

Please refer to the below links for more information related to using non HP ink cartridges.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1692853-70737-16

https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c05308850

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_7470520-7449625-16?

If you are using generic or Non HP ink cartridges and the above links do not help. You will have to contact the generic ink cartridge manufacturer to assist you further with it or you will have to use genuine HP ink cartridges to resume printing.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I do not see how your reply even refers to my Question at all .  I asked if Instant Ink will still work on a printer that is no longer under warranty?  Because converniently my year old printer would not even accept its own pin and sign into the HP Instant Ink site to work period with my instant ink the day the warranty ran out.

I was considering  buying one from someone else and maybe getting back on instant ink.

If the ink is for pages printed as you say then mine should be able to work for a while since last year I paid for over 6500 pages and only printed 540.  But your information regarding that is not true either is it , because in fact if it were then there would not be such a small amount of rollover pages and there should not even be rollover pages unless they include the total of what is unused that is paid for.

HP is stealing from loyal customers and could care less whether they get their printers working properly so that they can even use the pages and ink they are paying for.    

To give someone a free month to make up for nine after they cancel their plan when they cannot even hook up to the HP site in order to use it is a really bad way to show any support to a customer and that  is what was done for me as if HP was trying to make a bit of something hugely wrong right.  What a joke that is...

So i do not know how you see that I am still using the cartridges when I have not been able to use them for over four months and have not.  Your reply has absolutely nothing to do with the question that I asked and the private information of mine that you shared with everyone was totally uncalled for and another example of how much you pay attention to the customers and their needs.  Doesn't it.

HP Recommended

Hi @kaspazzy,

Yes, the printer will work even when the printer is out of warranty.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.