Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-r0000 (76T06AV)

Recently I'm having a lot of problems with my laptop when playing games like Fortnite. I went from playing at 300 fps when I bought it and now I don't go over 60 fps in game. I would like to know what it is so that I can fix it once and for all and enjoy a good gaming experience. Thanks a lot.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @feluuu,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there could be several potential issues causing your gaming laptop to experience lower FPS and glitches. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem.

• Check for overheating: Over time, gaming laptops can accumulate dust and debris, leading to overheating issues. Make sure your laptop's vents are clear and use compressed air to clean out any dust buildup. You can also try using a laptop cooling pad to help improve airflow.
  • Update drivers: Ensure that your graphics card drivers are up to date. HP often releases driver updates to improve performance and fix bugs. You can typically find and download the latest drivers from the HP website. 
  • Adjust in-game settings: Lowering the graphics settings in your games can help improve performance on lower-end hardware. Try reducing settings like resolution, texture quality, and shadow quality to see if it improves your FPS.
  • Check for background processes: Make sure there aren't any unnecessary programs running in the background that could be consuming system resources. Close any unused applications and consider using task manager to identify and close any resource-intensive processes.
  • Scan for malware: Malware can sometimes cause performance issues on your computer. Run a full system scan using your preferred antivirus software to check for any malicious programs that could be affecting performance.
  • Update Windows: Make sure your operating system is up to date with the latest Windows updates. Microsoft regularly releases patches and updates to improve system stability and performance.
  • Hardware issues: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's possible that there could be a hardware problem with your laptop. 

By following these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the issues causing your gaming laptop to experience lower FPS and glitches, allowing you to enjoy a smoother gaming experience once again.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.