Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I Have 7Q7Y3EA i5 13500hx rtx 4060 Omen 16 and My processor gets very hot (around 100 degrees Celsius) while playing high-demand games, leading to sudden FPS drops. My FPS values are normally around 250 FPS, but in CS2, they fluctuate in the 40s (%1 Low). It seems like my computer is experiencing a significant overheating issue. What can I do to fix this .

Thanks and greetings.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @TodorokiSama ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you are experiencing overheating issues on a high-performance laptop like yours can be frustrating, but there are several steps you can take to address the problem:

• Check ventilation: Ensure that the laptop vents are not blocked by dust or obstructed by any objects. Clean the vents using compressed air if necessary. Improving airflow can significantly reduce overheating.
  • Elevate the laptop: Place the laptop on a flat, hard surface to allow better airflow underneath. Using a laptop cooling pad with built-in fans can also help dissipate heat more effectively.
  • Update drivers: Make sure all your device drivers, especially those for the graphics card and chipset, are up to date. HP often releases driver updates that improve performance and address overheating issues.
  • Optimize in-game settings: Lowering the graphics settings in demanding games can reduce the workload on your GPU and CPU, thereby decreasing heat generation. Additionally, limiting the frame rate can also help in reducing temperatures.
  • Undervolt the CPU and GPU: Undervolting involves reducing the voltage supplied to the CPU and GPU, which can lower their temperatures without sacrificing performance. However, this may require some technical knowledge and tinkering, so proceed with caution.
  • Apply thermal paste: Over time, the thermal paste between the CPU/GPU and the heat sink may degrade, leading to inefficient heat transfer. Reapplying high-quality thermal paste can improve thermal conductivity and reduce temperatures.
  • Monitor temperatures: Install software like HWMonitor or MSI Afterburner to monitor the temperatures of your CPU and GPU in real-time. This can help you identify if overheating is indeed the issue and track the effectiveness of any remedies you apply.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.