Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop 15-fb1000 (7Y8M8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

My laptop keyboard makes a sound like it's hitting the heatsink fan when I press the keys right above the GPU fan. it happens when i need to tap hard on A, S and D or need to hold down these keys, a strong impact with the radiator fan below will make a hissing sound will be heard. This sound only appears when I need to put more force than usual (for example, when playing games or needing to type quickly). My device is brand new and has not been modified in any way. Is there any way to solve it? (Im using victus)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Daniel_300106,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The issue you're describing with your HP Victus 2023 laptop keyboard sounds like a physical interference between the keys and an internal component, likely the GPU fan or heatsink. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem.

Inspect the Laptop Physically:

• Turn off the laptop and unplug it.
  • Check for Visible Issues: Open the back panel of the laptop if you are comfortable doing so and look for any obvious signs of misalignment or loose components near the GPU fan and heatsink. Be careful not to void your warranty.
  • Listen for the Sound: Gently press the problematic keys while the laptop is off and observe if you can still hear the noise. This might help you locate the exact source of the sound.

Update the BIOS and Drivers:

• BIOS Update: Ensure your BIOS is up to date. Sometimes, firmware updates can resolve unexpected hardware behavior.
  • Driver Update: Make sure all your drivers, especially those related to the keyboard and system hardware, are up to date.

Temporary Workarounds:

• Use an External Keyboard: If you need to use the laptop urgently and can't send it for repairs immediately, consider using an external USB keyboard to avoid further damage.
  • Avoid Excessive Force: Until the issue is resolved, try to minimize the force used when pressing the problematic keys.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.