Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-d0000 (2V8U8AV)

I have downgraded the bios version from f15 to f14 and then delete the hp support app because it automatically updates the bios and that did not solve the cmos error blue screen on start up. There is a problem with the version f15 of the bios when I shut down the victus 16 laptop and turn it back on it automatically updates the bios I do not want that I want to keep the bios at version f 14 that one is more stable. 

Please hp experts help me out 

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hi @Wawi1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the persistent CMOS checksum error (502) on your HP Victus 16 gaming laptop. We understand the importance of resolving this issue promptly to restore optimal performance and productivity.

To provide you with the best assistance, we recommend the following steps:

Update BIOS Firmware:

• Ensure that you have installed the latest BIOS firmware available for your HP Victus 16 model. Double-check the version to confirm that it matches the most recent release. Click Here

Reset BIOS to Default Settings:

• Access the BIOS settings during the system boot-up (usually by pressing Esc, F1, F2, or Del key).
  • Navigate to the "Exit" or "Advanced" tab and select the option to load default settings.
  • Save the changes and exit the BIOS.

Clear CMOS:

• Physically clear the CMOS settings by either removing the CMOS battery or using the clear CMOS jumper on the motherboard. Ensure the laptop is powered off and disconnected from any power source before attempting this.

Hardware Inspection:

• Check for any loose or faulty hardware components, especially the CMOS battery. If possible, try replacing the CMOS battery with a new one.

Diagnostic Logs:

• If the issue persists, please provide us with any error logs or additional diagnostic information. This can aid in a more accurate diagnosis of the problem.

Please refer to this document : HP PCs - 500, 501, or 502 error displays on a black screen | HP® Customer Support

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There is a problem with the version f15 of the bios when I shut down the victus 16 laptop and turn it back on windows automatically updates the bios I do not want that I want to keep the bios at version f 14 because it is stable. 

I have a solution tho because I have windows 11 home it lacks the Group Policy Editor ( tool used to manage settings and policies on a Windows computer) to stop windows automatically updating the bios that is why I need to buy windows 11 pro to get access to the Group Policy Editor.

HP Recommended

Hi @Wawi1 ,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but it seems that the issue needs a hardware repair.

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

They can help you with the unit repair or part replacement or purchase.

I request you talk to HP Phone Support and they will help you to sort it out.

1. Click on this link -  https://support.hp.com/us-en

2. Select the country.

3. Enter the serial number of your device.

4. Select the country from the drop-down.

5. Click on "Show Options".

6. Fill out the web form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You did not provide any practical solutions because I need to stop windows from updating my bios to f15. I'm not going to contact no extra support just to pay more money do you understand? Plz gave mi a practical solutions to try out fix my bios from automatically updating to the f15 version because it has a error guys at hp fix the error there are alot of people experiencing the same problem!

HP Recommended

I'm sorry that I wrote a aggressive post. I just what to know how to remove the coms 502 error. And I meant to say that I downgraded the bios from version f25 to f24. But I will keep trouble shooting to see if I can figure out the problem.

HP Recommended

Same thing happens to my Victus buddy.

Literally 5 days ago returned back from HP warranty, they put a new motherboard and a new battery, it worked flawlessly for two days, and now it's throwing the same issue.

When this issue happened my Victus was out of warranty (bought in 2021) and I had to buy a 70€ package (1y warranty) to have this fixed, but it was a waste of time and money.

(It returned back from HP with the F.24 Bios and in these days it did not update itself to F.25)

I rode online that this issue started with the version F.21, so it let me think that it's firmware related. 

It makes me laugh that HP changes for free expensive hardware, but it's not able to relase a new firmware, with all the laptop that have this problem.

I wish I've never bought this laptop. Never buying HP again.

Riccardo
HP Recommended

I 100% agree with you Hp has to release a new bios firmware update fix coms error 502 it is very annoying it freezes the laptop alot 

HP Recommended

In these days I’m talking a lot with HP, the best they can say (told by their “engineers“) is to disable secure boot from the bios, wich came already disabled.

I feel like they don’t know what they’re doing or saying, communicating useless stuff. 

I’m very upset and disappointed with HP.

Riccardo
HP Recommended

I hope one of the HP expert see this comment so it can be a wake up call to start fixing there software issues 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.