Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 16-r0xxx
Microsoft Windows 11

I want to enable the "Power On When AC Detected" option in my HP Victus laptop but I can't find it in the BIOS Setup Utility.

Product name: Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 16-r0xxx

BIOS Vendor: Insyde

BIOS Revision: F.14

These are the options I see:

BIOS3.jpegBIOS2.jpegBIOS1.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @TaoGomez,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

To enable the "Power On When AC Detected" option or a similar feature on your HP Victus laptop, follow these steps:

Enter the BIOS Setup: Reboot your laptop, and press the appropriate key to enter the BIOS setup. This is typically the "F10" key for HP laptops, but you should see a prompt when you first turn on the laptop that says something like "Press F10 to enter Setup."

Explore Advanced Options: Once in the BIOS setup, navigate through the tabs using the arrow keys. Look for tabs labeled "Advanced," "Power Management," or similar. The exact name can vary based on the BIOS version and vendor.

Find the Relevant Option: Under these tabs, you’re looking for an option that might be named:

• “Power On When AC Detected”
  • “Restore on AC Power Loss”
  • “AC Power Recovery” or
  • “After Power Loss”

Enable the Option: Once you find the relevant setting, use the arrow keys to highlight it, and then press "Enter" to change the setting to "Enabled" or "On."

Save and Exit: After making your changes, navigate to the "Exit" tab and choose "Save Changes and Exit" or press "F10" (the key might vary), confirm your choice, and the laptop will reboot with the new settings applied.

If you cannot find a setting that seems to correspond to the "Power On When AC Detected" feature in the visible BIOS options:

• Update Your BIOS: Sometimes, new features or fixes are added in BIOS updates. Check HP’s official website for any BIOS updates for your specific model and follow their guidelines to update it.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The available tabs and options in my BIOS menu are posted in my question. I don't see anything similar to the ones you describe.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.