Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Same problem - VERY annoying. However, I am not computer savvy like the rest - so I don't understand anything that you are saying. Ugh. Guess I will have to spend money and take it to someone who can figure it out. 

HP Recommended

I just went to the Task Manager and ended the "HP System Event Utility." and that solver my problem.   I also called HP support and they want me to pay $14.00 for help to fix it.  Nope not paying for a fix wasn't caused by an error that I didn't do.  This is a HP issue they should have to tell me how to fix it for free.  

HP Recommended

COMHELP ....that's absolutely CRAZY!!!! I don't know who pushes out the updates but their update is what caused it. My computer alerted me it was about to install updates and restart so I logged off for the night... came back in to updates and the 'caps lock' pop-up!! So annoyed!! I have Win 11 so if your on 10, it may be different but if you search the same you should still find it...

How To:
In the search box at the bottom of the screen type: "HP System Event Utility" (don't just click on it because it won't take you where you need to go) you want to choose "App Settings" -- then scroll down until you see "Terminate" and click "Terminate" 

Alternative way:

Go to 'Start Menu' --> 'Apps' --> 'Installed Apps' --> scroll until you find "HP System Event Utility" and click the 3 dots to the right and select 'Advanced Options' then go down to 'Terminate' and terminate it.

This is a better option to me than uninstalling it until I do more research and determine if it will cause any issues and if it is something you can download again if needed because after prelim research (wow, I'm really sounding like a nerd - dope!) ... anyway after prelim some people that installed said they tried to get it back after experience "weird issues" and they kept getting error messages trying to download it again. 

Now the drawback they say to this way (which I haven't restarted so I can't confirm) is that when you do restart your computer it will restart the process and you will have to do the above steps again. 

Anyway, it worked immediately and I was stoked so hopefully it helps you too!

HP Recommended

DRH5150 -- DO NOT spend money!! This was their fault (in my opinion) with their update. Follow the step-by-step that I gave below when I answered COMHELP. 

HP Recommended

yess! I've been searching everywhere on how to disable the noti. Ending the Hp system event utility in task manager fixed it.

HP Recommended

If u dont wanna uninstall, just end the Hp system utility in task manager then u should  be fine. U would have to do this every time u turn your pc on tho

HP Recommended

JennLou thank you Here's what I did to fix mine I just went to task manager by holding down my control alt delete buttons at the same time which brings up the task manager  and then I found and ended the "HP System Event Utility." and that solved my problem.  If I have an issue again once I power off my computer and power back on I'm going to try your way.  Thanks so much and no I'll never pay HP for any help they should offer their help service for free.

HP Recommended

Can we please put all questions regarding the caps lock issue in this post so we can collab this issue as one. 

Thanks.

Stay frosty

HP Recommended

I started having the same issue on April 27 got the caps lock and calps off pop up and also it made my keyboard act crazy because it typed lowercase when the CAPS lock was for uppercase and then typed in uppercase when the CAPS look was for lowercase and I looked online for hours for a solution and the only one seemed to stop the HP System Event Utility service on task manager but upon restart you have to do it again and again but I then found an article from Microsoft saying that they did not install it but HP released an update on April 24, 2024, that included that type of notification so I went into the Windows Updates history and uninstalled that update named KB5036980 and after restart no more popups showed despite that the HP System Event Utility service is still working on the background. You can see the article here:

https://www.windowslatest.com/2024/04/26/hp-adds-a-caps-lock-on-notification-to-windows-11-but-you-c...

HP Recommended

I started having the same issue since April 27 got the caps lock and calps off pop up and also it made my keyboard acts crazy because it typed lowercase when the CAPS lock was for uppercase and then typed in uppercase when the CPGA losk was for lowercase and I looked online for hours for a solution and the only one seemed to stop the HP System Event Utility service on task manager but upon restart you have to do it again and again but I then found an article from Microsoft saying that they did not install it but HP released an update on April 24, 2024 that included that type of notification so I went into the Windows Updates history and uninstalled that update named KB5036980 and after restart no more popups showed despite that the HP System Event Utility service is still working on background. You can read the article here:

https://www.windowslatest.com/2024/04/26/hp-adds-a-caps-lock-on-notification-to-windows-11-but-you-c...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.