Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17.3 inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-ck2000 (70X02AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

So i turned on my hp omen laptop 17-ck2002na one morning and now i have the caps lock notification popping up on my screen and i cant find anywhere on how to turn it off. When i hold it down it will spamm and the little light on the caps lock keyboard will flash as in a spamming flash with the icon on screen 

please help if anyone can 

Thanks in advanced. Screenshot 2024-04-24 005647.png

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

So looks like i have found a solution to why my caps lock notification was coming up and the light was blinking, it turns out it was, HP system event utility. as soon as i end the task in the task bar it stops and as soon as i run the proggram it starts again. So it must be a bug. 

#

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Terminating hp system event utility worked for me too, but it needs to be done on every start up, also, what other effects does terminating this task have? Hopefully an easy and permanent fix is around the corner. 

HP Recommended

So The only way i got around this was just uninstalling the software it's self. the software only really looks like it's used for hardware information and laptop diagnostic testing. so nothing important just a HP add on.

once they have fixed it ill re-download it again. 

HP Recommended

Okay so looks like i have found what it is actually for on the internet.

The HP System Event Utility is an essential component of HP computers that manages system events and ensures the proper functioning of hardware-related actions. It runs in the background, allowing your system to recognize and respond to button presses, hotkeys, and other hardware-related events.

i've uninstalled it and everything is working fine so i will wait and see if it's fixed in the future and maybe re-install it if needed.

HP Recommended

As I was logging off last night (4-23) my system was getting ready to perform some updates. I have an HP Core i5 (running Windows 11). When I logged on this morning the BS started. In my work, I use the caps lock key a lot all day so this became increasingly frustrating throughout the day as it pops up and stays for a few seconds EVERY time you 'caps lock on' or 'lock off'. I've spent the past several hours trying to find a solution. I have a Logi G915 keyboard and the toggles are off in the Logi Options settings (which some recommended to do). Also, when I toggled them on, a completely different caps lock pop-up popped up so it isn't a Logitech issue. I went the whole 'Control Panel' route which EVERY one was recommending and all those toggles were already off. Switching them on and then off did nothing.

I can't help but to thing whatever the updates were they just pushed out, is what caused this because obviously I didn't touch any settings from the time I logged off last night until this morning and the only thing that changed was the updates that were getting ready to take place when I logged off. This is the first place I saw recent posts. All the others are from 2023. How do we alert HP or Mircrosoft (or whoever needs to 'patch' this) so they can work on a fix. I can have this popping up all day, I'll rage (for real LOL).

Please someone help! I don't really want to uninstall what Jordan said because it sounds like it tied to things and that could end up causing issues.  

HP Recommended

Re: HP System Event Utility ...I don't feel comfortable uninstalling it, but 'Terminating' it stopped the notifications immediately. Thanks! I spend HOURS trying everything!

HP Recommended

so for anyone interested in what it actually is and what it does, i found this from a previouse post. 

Once again i have deleted it and uninstalled it and my pc and hot keys are working completely fine, the only key that didnt work was the hot key that is actually for that software it's self and like it says in the picture. 

Screenshot 2024-04-25 042845.png

HP Recommended

I have the same issue but I'm using windows 10. I also don't feel comfortable uninstalling it

HP Recommended

Bro Yes It Was That .. As I End Task it didn't show up anymore ... Thank you bro i was  **bleep** searching how to remover it while i was gaming on Fortnite. Thanks 

#**bleep**FullInfo

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.