Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000 (2P6B3AV)

Greetings Community, 

I currently am running on 500 GB nvme which was pure installed in it and 500 GB SSD that I installed additionally but I’m again going low on storage. So my question is what I the maximum limit of Sata SSD I can install and maximum limit of NVME. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @MORGUE90 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

Your Laptop is running W10 or W11 so it would have a EFI/BIOS and the drives would be formatted using GPT instead of MBR.

You would not have any drive capacity limitations when upgrading either drive.

MBR is limited to 2 terabyte partitions. GPT can do 18 exabyte (~18.8 million terabytes) partitions.

Regards

HP Recommended

Greetings, 

So If I use Western Digital WD Blue SN580 NVMe 2TB, PCIe Gen 4 NVMe M.2 (2280),  It should work right? without any complications and limitations. Do I get the benefit of its speed of 4150MB/s.

HP Recommended

Hi @MORGUE90 

A WD 2280 NVME drive should work with your PC.

You can do a 2 TB or larger capacity NVME drive.

You may not get up to PCIe 4.0 data transfer rates if your MB is limited to PCIe Gen 3.

Download and run Crystal Disk Info to check the data transfer rate using the HP drive. Then check this again after installing the new NVME drive. I could not find any MB info to see what you have: (PCIe Gen 3 x 4 or PCIe Gen 4 x 4).

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.