Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When you setup the new M.2 SSD, what volume type and format did you use?

Had you considered downloading , installing and using the Corsair SSD  Toolbox utility to test the SSD?

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/s/downloads

Do you happen to own an NVME PCIe SSD adapter?

My MSI MPG X570  motherboard has two built in slots for M.2 SSD, so to use a third M.2 SSD, I purchased an adapter.

If that works with your PC, it would mean that the #2 NVMe M.2 slot is faulty. 

The adapters are relatively inexpensive.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer. Not sure if I understand well the first part but it was on NTFS format, but as I said, I couldn't really setup correctly the M.2 SSD. I could only use it when I used it with an USB adapter. I will check the Corsair Toolbox but I'm not sure how much it can be helpful since I can't see at all the SSD right now. I don't have any adapter like the one you mentioned, is it complicated to install it ? I could try to find one and try that... Maybe the second slot is faulty as you said. 

HP Recommended

The Volume type will be either MBR or GPT.

It is not a complicated process to put the SSD on the adapter and install the adapter in the PCIe slot.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer, the volume type was converted to GPT, I didn't had much time this week but I will try to buy a SSD adapter. Do I need to buy a specific adapter or any can work, if so do you have any recommendations ? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.