Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Yeah, I'm getting desperate...

I will try that and be back there probably thanks a lot !

HP Recommended

@AlpLevi,

No worries, will be there when you're ready!

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hello, I did everything you said. It seems to work for now, at least I can see the SSD. Does it change anything if i try to migrate documents or applications when it's in the USB mode or should I first in the SSD section and then try to migrate my stuff ? Thanks for the answer!

HP Recommended

UPDATE: I tried moving some files, but it didn't work again. I might lose hope ! Is it possible that my SSD is just not working ?

HP Recommended

@AlpLevi,

That is indeed possible, but I got the feeling that I'm missing something (obvious?), because populating a second M.2 NVMe SSD slot shouldn't be this problematic at all, especially given the instructions I already provided.

Perhaps @Paul_Tikkanen@BeemerBiker@Bill_To or @erico have a suggestion to resolve your issue.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Well, I dont know anymore ! After a second format, I thought it was working, I could move some data on the SSD when it was on the USB adapter. Today, I put the M.2 SSD on the slot again and... I can't see it again anymore. Fortunately, I didn't move any important data inside. 

HP Recommended

@AlpLevi 

Have you considered invoking the DiskPart utility?  Use the assign command to give SSD #2 a drive letter.

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for the answer, but I can't see the disk at all, neither in disk management or in disk part. Yesterday, I could use it when it was mounted on an USB. But as internal disk, I just can't see. The very first time I put it in the the slot, I could see it by the way. 

HP Recommended

Assign the drive letter while it is connected with the usb adapter. Plug it in the motherboard slot afterwards to see if it is recognized.

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Oh sorry ! Yes, I already assigned a letter yesterday.. Perhaps, it can be because of the BIOS upgrade ? Is this possible ? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.