Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000i (1S3R9AV)

Hello, I bought a second ssd (Corsair MP600 pro xt) but I cant find the second SSD spot for my OMEN30L and how to install it. I believe there is a second one for sure, because I've read it while buying it. Thanks in advance !

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

@AlpLevi,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Your OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000i (1S3R9AV) as fitted with an OasisOC motherboard (SSID: 886B), does indeed have two M.2 NVMe SSD slots:

NonSequitur777_0-1713121895175.png

You already should have an M.2 drive installed in M.2 slot #1, and M.2 #2 slot should have a (partial) heat sink/cover which you'll need to remove.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thank you ! I did it correctly ! But I can't see it in the diskpart. At first, I could see it on windows, but now I can't see it anymore, it's not showing up at all. What can I do ? 

HP Recommended

Update: I think it got somehow worse, I restarted the computer, asked me to use my BitLocker password, entered and now i got the code error "0x800701b1". That's weird because this morning I didn't have any problem. Is it over for this SSD ? Thanks in advance !

HP Recommended

@AlpLevi,

Do this first: type in cmd in your Windows search bar, right-click on the Command Prompt App, choose: Run as administrator, click on Yes if asked, then copy/paste/enter: sfc /scannow and let it run.  May take a little while.

Once completed, copy/paste/enter the following command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and let it run.  May even take longer to complete.

Then, restart your PC and tap-tap-tap F10 to access BIOS, go to the Advanced tab and disable secure boot and change the storage from RAID (if it is) to AHCI.

That should do it.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@AlpLevi,

Come to think of it, when you are in BIOS, make sure that all the PCIe, USB and especially the M.2 NVMe SSD slots are set to active (enabled).

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hello thanks for the answer again! Well I did exactly what you mentionned, it worked at first but when I tried to migrate or just put some documents on this SSD it just vanished again, I can see it in the disk management as Unknown Not initialized again. 

HP Recommended

@AlpLevi,

Let's try to initialize your disk: go to Disk management > and locate the drive that is not initialized > the drive will show unallocated > select unallocated disk > Right click on it > click initialized disk > select between GPT > Click OK.

If this doesn't work, try DISKPART: type in cmd in your Windows searcg bar, right-click on the Command Prompt App, and choose: "Run as administrator, then click on: Yes if asked for. Then follow the steps as outlined here: How to Initialize Disk to GPT or MBR from diskpart command (macrorit.com).

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Well again in this situation I can't use the command prompt because when I "list disk" I can't see the second disk at all. And when I try to initialized the disk I will get the "A Device Which Does Not Exist Was Specified". But I can see the SSD on my computer !!

Thank you for all the information !

HP Recommended

@AlpLevi,

Trust me, I have been there, done that too...

All right, what I would do is to remove the M.2 NVMe SSD, insert it in an M.2 NVMe SSD USB adapter -something like this:

NonSequitur777_0-1713196831537.png

And plug it into a USB port and see if you can do a quick format (NTFS).  If that works, then see if you can do the DISKPART commands.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.