Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2260xt CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to upgrade my processor but I don't know what processor units will work with my motherboard. I don't even know what processor I have. All I know is its and Intel i7

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Christian_Petit 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

HP "CTO" PCs can have various MB configurations.

The following CPU options are available for your PC at this HP Site if you have an Intel MB. Look in Processor upgrade information.

You may have the best CPU available for your PC's MB if you have an I7 processor. The Stark MB is limited to 65 watt TDP CPUs.

Intel "F" CPUs don't provide integrated graphics. However, your MB does provide a HDMI port in the rear I/O for non "F" CPUs.

An Intel 11700 or 11700F is a fine processor if this is what you now have.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying. I think I may have the best CPU for my mother board. But are there any motherboards that could fit in my case and be capable of supporting a better CPU like maybe an Intel i9? Or some AMD CPU?

HP Recommended

Hi @Christian_Petit 

My pleasure.

TG01 PCs use proprietary: power supplies, cases, and MBs.

You would have to buy a new PC or build a new PC if you want that upgrade "wow" feeling.

The Intel i9-11900 is a 65 watt TDP CPU. I don't know if your MB would see the CPU. The CPU signature generally has to be added to the BIOS to get a successful POST.

The 11900 is $269.00 at Amazon.

Check this Site for a comparison of the two CPUs. I don't see a compelling reason to spend $269.00 even if your MB works with a i9-11900.

I just did an upgrade from a Z390/i9-9900K build to a X570E/7900X build using some of the older Z390 build components (RTX 4070, existing case/power supply, and a Samsung 980 Pro).

I spent about $900.00 on the CPU, MB, and new DDR5 RAM. I am okay with this upgrade but also somewhat underwhelmed. 😑

Synthetic benchmarks are vastly improved and I see more FPS when gaming but the overall PC experience is, pretty much, the same. I would not do this again.

And, the newer AMD CPUs and Intel CPUs are out of control when it comes to controlling power draw and thermals. I had to set a CPU thermal limit of 85 C and undervolt the CPU.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.