Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000a (207P6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I get blue screen when trying to boot after reinstalling with HP clean install using the appropriate utility, all hardware diagnostics pass other than an m.2 additional storage drive that got broken. This PC has always been buggy and when it was new I had support remotely update Bios for me and the motherboard broke during the process and HP had to replace it. After the fix I was not happy as it still seemed to randomly hang or thermal throttle under light loads, I had many discussions with support agents about how I could use the PC and what upgrades I could do and still get service if I bought the warranty. For example, which is better another 2 sticks of 8GB OF RAM or just a new 32GB RAM kit with 2 16 GB sticks. The agent suggested I just get a new RAM kit rather than additional sticks of RAM. Subsequently, 18 months later it is broken and won't boot. I paid for more warranty and the agent seemed to be helpful but had tried to refuse to repair the broken system after I tried everything my end because I have another RAM kit installed which he said voided the warranty according to his interpretation of it and so now there is no warranty or support showing on my account when I access the relevant page. I think HP misled me when I bought the Omen product and it never has worked as intended. I mean does anyone know how to get **bleep** fixed? I don't want to pay HP for service as I feel it's there fault and the latest support agent is being hostile even though I feel that they have a duty to provide a service in this case in the UK. Not sure if anyone has any input?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @UncouthUser,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with your HP Omen 30L . It sounds like you've been through quite a lot trying to resolve these issues.

Firstly, regarding the warranty, it's important to review the terms and conditions carefully to understand what is covered and what might void the warranty. Adding additional RAM shouldn't typically void the warranty.

It sounds incredibly frustrating to deal with these persistent issues, especially after expecting a resolution. No one should have to go through this kind of hassle.

I have reviewed the case. I will be delighted to assist you and also noticed that you've reached out for the first time. Please help us with the following details on a private message, which will help us in escalating this case further.

First Name:

Last Name:

Serial Number:

Product ID:

Contact number:

Full Address:

Pincode:

Email:

Best Time to reach:

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks @Rachel571

That was really helpful, thank you for your message, but I managed to get it sent for repair through the WhatsApp support service in the end. I just think it is triggering for my mental health that the HP Omen system was malfunctioning and I lost all my data and one of my components was broken by the system twice after the manufacturer replaced it under warranty and also HP technical support broke the PC under remore access the first time the motherboard needed to be replaced. I just wanted to feed back that I don't want to feel blamed because of faulty equipment if the agent doesn't want to read the notes about my case or even listen to me reporting the problem. People have hidden disabilities which are protected by law. There is consumer protection in the UK which the agent was naive about and perhaps needed training on what was acceptable to say in the situation. He was not taking feedback about how a system was confusingly marketed and escalating it appropriately, instead denying me a warranty product I had paid for and felt entitled to a resolution to my satisfaction as a consumer in the UK - that was a bit ridiculous - as if he knew what the law was without Googling it. Essentially, it is a gaming PC so the warranty is what it is but it just seems unreliable as a product still to be without any computer for months in the end when I would usually be an everyday PC user. Assuming I'd have a laptop as backup is also another assumption that I don't think you should be making as a support service unless you want to send me one for free!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.