Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When I use laptop while charging or plugged in it was running smooth as soon as I remove my charger from laptop the system lags a lot, then I checked the battey status it was suspicious from last 1 day it was stuck at 88% in system extensive test battery is not detected is showing kindly help ..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Utkarsh_Gupta1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there might be an issue with your laptop's battery. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem.

• Check the battery contacts: Ensure that the battery contacts on both the battery and inside the laptop are clean and free from any debris or corrosion. Use a soft cloth or cotton swab lightly dampened with rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts if necessary.
  • Reset the battery: Some laptops have a reset button on the bottom or side of the device. Pressing this button can sometimes reset the battery and resolve issues like this.
  • Update BIOS and drivers: Make sure your laptop's BIOS firmware and battery drivers are up to date. Sometimes outdated firmware or drivers can cause issues with battery detection and performance.
  • Calibrate the battery: Sometimes calibrating the battery can help reset its capacity readings and improve accuracy. To calibrate the battery, fully charge it, then discharge it completely until the laptop shuts down. Finally, recharge the battery to full capacity.
  • Check for software issues: Occasionally, software running on your laptop can cause issues with battery detection and performance. Try booting your laptop into safe mode to see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, then a third-party program may be the culprit.
  • Replace the battery: If none of the above steps work, it's possible that your battery is faulty and needs to be replaced.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Utkarsh_Gupta1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there might be an issue with your laptop's battery. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem.

• Check the battery contacts: Ensure that the battery contacts on both the battery and inside the laptop are clean and free from any debris or corrosion. Use a soft cloth or cotton swab lightly dampened with rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts if necessary.
  • Reset the battery: Some laptops have a reset button on the bottom or side of the device. Pressing this button can sometimes reset the battery and resolve issues like this.
  • Update BIOS and drivers: Make sure your laptop's BIOS firmware and battery drivers are up to date. Sometimes outdated firmware or drivers can cause issues with battery detection and performance.
  • Calibrate the battery: Sometimes calibrating the battery can help reset its capacity readings and improve accuracy. To calibrate the battery, fully charge it, then discharge it completely until the laptop shuts down. Finally, recharge the battery to full capacity.
  • Check for software issues: Occasionally, software running on your laptop can cause issues with battery detection and performance. Try booting your laptop into safe mode to see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, then a third-party program may be the culprit.
  • Replace the battery: If none of the above steps work, it's possible that your battery is faulty and needs to be replaced.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.