Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

can you please help what can i do for this problem

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @shivam88,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with your laptop after connecting something to it. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

Disconnect any external devices: If you connected any external devices (like a monitor, keyboard, mouse, or printer), try disconnecting them and see if the laptop starts working again. Sometimes, a faulty or incompatible external device can cause issues.

Restart your laptop: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix software-related issues. Try restarting your laptop and see if it resolves the problem.

Check the connections: Make sure that all cables and connections are securely plugged in. Loose connections can sometimes cause problems.

Boot into Safe Mode: If your laptop still isn't working properly, try booting into Safe Mode. Safe Mode loads only the essential drivers and system files, which can help you diagnose and fix software-related issues. To boot into Safe Mode, restart your laptop and press the appropriate key (usually F8 or F12) during startup to access the advanced boot options menu.

Check for driver updates: Outdated or corrupted device drivers can sometimes cause issues. Check for updates for your drivers and install them if necessary.

Run diagnostic tests: Many laptops come with built-in diagnostic tools that can help you identify hardware problems. Check your laptop's documentation or manufacturer's website for instructions on how to run diagnostic tests.

Also please elaborate for the better understanding.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.