Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My mouse is hp m270. Ibought it somedays ago when first i plugged in for the first three times, my pc shows the notification "USB Device not recognized. The last device you connected to this copmuter malfunctioned and windows do not recognize it". But after thenthe mouse started running. And then today again it showed this notification while the mouse was already plugged and it stopped suddenly, then I replugged it and again it started working fine .

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @F812700 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're experiencing some trouble with your HP M270 gaming mouse on your Windows 10 system. USB device recognition issues can sometimes occur due to various reasons such as driver conflicts, faulty hardware, or software glitches. 

Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

• Check USB Connection: Ensure that the USB cable is securely plugged into both the mouse and an available USB port on your computer. Sometimes, loose connections can cause intermittent recognition issues.
  • Try Different USB Port: If possible, try plugging the mouse into a different USB port on your computer. Sometimes, certain ports may have issues while others work fine.
  • Update Drivers: Make sure that your Windows 10 system has the latest drivers installed for USB devices. You can do this by going to Device Manager, locating the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" section, right-clicking on each USB Root Hub, and selecting "Update driver."
  • Check for Windows Updates: Ensure that your Windows 10 system is up to date with the latest software updates from Microsoft. Sometimes, system updates can include fixes for USB-related issues.
  • Test on Another Computer: If possible, try plugging the mouse into another computer to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is with the mouse itself or with your computer.
  • Check Mouse Settings: Some gaming mice come with software that allows you to customize settings and update firmware. Check if there's any specific software for the HP M270 mouse and see if there are any updates available.
  • Check for Hardware Issues: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, there might be a hardware problem with the mouse 

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.