Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset
Microsoft Windows 11

HMD has worked perfectly for over a year and a half but suddenly had the right lens blanks and then the left.

The lens's will then switch on again and a few seconds later but blank out again, repeating the issue.

DCS is my choice of VR sim but this also happens when in WMR Clubhouse.

The monitor continues to display the image as normal.
I have checked GPU temps and they're within working temps.

This maybe a heat issue as it starts to play up as the small room I use it in warms up past 26 degrees.
(I know, Gamer's don't notice real world too much whilst immersed)
Is there a firmware mod which could at least turn off the HP LED logo ?

Letting everything cool down seems to help here.

This is not a cable issue. I have checked & reconnected.
Also this is Cable #2 as the previous one wore out against the clip. Replaced under  HP warranty.
The replacement cable is attached more freely and wrapped in a protective holder so's not to burr or damage.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Printed out a passive cooling face plate from that Thingy site *cough*
So far this has worked but I haven't tested it for more than an hour.
If it still overheats I will place a small USB fan facing into the headset ( mounted on monitor ) and see if the extra draft helps.

If not, go full out and add a laptop fan assy.

For those with a 3D printer this took 9hrs 30 to print.
Not having a flat axis, the finish wasn't my usual spec'.
The posts I had to redesign & reprint as the screw holes were incorrect size for my hardware.
I will post again when this has been really given a run through.

If somethings overheating then it will eventually cook and burn out.
Minimum I guess is just remove the H.P face plate ( 4 screws and clips) to get more airflow.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.