Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Mixed Reality Headset
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased the HP mixed reality headset in a bundle with the Omen 870-224. I've been trying to setup the headset, however, each time I pass the check on specs, on the next page when the headset is to be setup, error showing check display cable keeps showing up no matter what. I've switched out headsets, but they've both done the same thing. The cords are all in their right spot, I'm very unsure on what could be the problem, please help.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ThatN00bsFriend

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP mixed reality headset does not work with your OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-224. It does not set up. You have switched out headsets and the issue persists. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I did some research and found the following steps have worked:

• Ensure your windows version 1709 (falls creator update) is installed, if not update your windows, 

• Go to Device Manager and get latest Intel HD graphic driver using the update option on driver properties. 

It will update to the WDDM 2.1 to WDDM 2.2. (screenshot 1 to screenshot 2)  

Only, once all the checklist is ticked as complete, will you be able to use the headset, if not, it would mean that the device is incompatible with your device. 

I sincerely hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep me posted. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

So I updated my drivers even though they met the requirements before, however I'm still getting the message to check my display cable. Everything is plugged in, but it still isn't reading that the headset's display cable is connectedCapture.PNGDisplay Cable.PNG

HP Recommended

@ThatN00bsFriend,

I suggest you contact our phone support. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

* Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

HP Recommended

Did you get an answer?  I recieved my replacement display cord and the system still says "check display cable"  called the service line and this time when I said I had an Omen the representative immediately transferred me to the Omen Help Line.  There I was helped by what sounded like a rep from the US. 

His first question was "which HDMI port are you using, vertical or horizontal?".  told him vertical since the monitor is using the horizontal HDMI port.  He said the vertical HDMI ports are not active (by design).  I have to use the horizontal port on the graphics card, but I still need to have the monitor working so I can't just switch out the Headset for the Monitor.  I have to use a display port cable for the monitor and the HDMI port for the headset.  I have a displayport to HDMI cable on order now (my monitor doesnt have a displayport, I have to use HDMI, hopefully that will finally let us use the MR headset.    Just wondering if you got an answer yet. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.