Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Setting up a new desktop HP pc M01-F2254 with Windows 11, but to continue setup, you must connect to the internet.  I click enter on my personal wifi network and it does nothing. No option to enter my password. It won't continue. What step am I missing in order to connect and continue?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If you connect to the Internet, MS will force you to use an MSN account to install Win11; it will not let you use a local account.

If you disconnect from the Internet, it should give up trying to force you to use an MSN account and allow you to use a local account.

When Windows puts up the screen trying to get you to login to an MSN account:

hit ctl-alt-del and select Logout.

That will open a new local login screen.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the input, but that's not the issue.  Windows 11 is already installed. The screen shows the list of available wifi networks, and when I  click my personal wifi account, there's no option to enter the password, in order to continue. 

HP Recommended

Oh, I didn't realize that this is a WiFi issue -- so I'll transfer this to the WiFi section.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.