Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec1001na
I was turning on my PC as I always do only that I immediately noticed that everything was slower (games, apps, programs) both with the charger and without. The mouse was not jerky.
So I went to see if there was any update to do and I saw that there was the Windows 11 version 23H2 one. After finishing the update I thought everything would be resolved but no. so I tried to look on Google and saw a tutorial on the wired.it website that explained what to do in these cases, I followed the tutorial and now my PC only runs slow when the charger is inserted. please someone help me

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Ale_Murphy28,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing performance issues with your HP Pavilion Gaming laptop, particularly when it's plugged into the charger. Let's troubleshoot this together.

Here are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the issue.

Check Power Settings: Make sure your power settings are optimized for performance. Sometimes, laptops have different power profiles for when they're plugged in versus running on battery. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options, and ensure that the "High Performance" profile is selected when the laptop is plugged in.

Update Drivers: Ensure that all your drivers are up to date, including graphics card drivers, chipset drivers, and any other relevant drivers. You can usually find these updates on the HP website under the support section for your specific model.

Check for Background Processes: Sometimes, background processes or applications can consume resources and slow down your system. Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and check for any processes that are using a lot of CPU or memory. You can end these processes if they're not essential.

Temperature Check: Overheating can also cause performance issues. Download a temperature monitoring tool like HWMonitor and check the temperatures of your CPU and GPU. If they're running too hot, consider cleaning out any dust from the laptop's vents or using a cooling pad.

Battery Health: If your laptop's battery is old or damaged, it may cause performance issues when the laptop is plugged in. Consider checking the health of your battery using diagnostic tools provided by HP or a third-party application.

Reset Power Management Settings: Sometimes, power management settings can get corrupted. You can reset these settings by opening Command Prompt as an administrator and typing the following commands:

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

Then restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

System Restore: If the problem started after installing a particular update or software, you can try using System Restore to revert your system to a previous state when it was working fine.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.