Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0380t CTO

Hi team,

I got an apple studio display monitor. I wanna connect it with my OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0380t CTO . Since this desktop doesn't have thunderbolt3 usb-c, I tried the following:

- usb-c to displayport 1.4 cables

It seems like this won't work.

My question:

- Can OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0380t CTO work with apple studio display?

- If yes, how can I make it happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @CodingCola,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Yes, it's possible to connect an Apple Studio Display to your OMEN 30L Desktop, even without Thunderbolt 3 support. Here are a few options you can try.

• Use an Adapter: Since your OMEN 30L doesn't have Thunderbolt 3, you can try using an adapter that converts Thunderbolt 3 to DisplayPort or HDMI. This way, you can connect your Apple Studio Display to your desktop's available ports.
  • Use a USB-C to DisplayPort Cable: You've already tried this, but it might be worth trying a different cable or ensuring that the cable you're using supports DisplayPort 1.4 and that both ends are securely connected.
  • Use a USB-C to HDMI Adapter/Cable: Another option is to use a USB-C to HDMI adapter or cable. Your OMEN 30L Desktop might have an HDMI port available, which you can use to connect to the Apple Studio Display.
  • Check Graphics Card Compatibility: Ensure that your desktop's graphics card supports the resolution and refresh rate of the Apple Studio Display. If not, you might need to upgrade your graphics card to one that supports the required specifications.
  • Update Drivers: Make sure your desktop's graphics drivers are up to date. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause compatibility issues with certain displays.

By trying these steps, you should be able to connect your Apple Studio Display to your OMEN 30L Desktop successfully.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @CodingCola,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Yes, it's possible to connect an Apple Studio Display to your OMEN 30L Desktop, even without Thunderbolt 3 support. Here are a few options you can try.

• Use an Adapter: Since your OMEN 30L doesn't have Thunderbolt 3, you can try using an adapter that converts Thunderbolt 3 to DisplayPort or HDMI. This way, you can connect your Apple Studio Display to your desktop's available ports.
  • Use a USB-C to DisplayPort Cable: You've already tried this, but it might be worth trying a different cable or ensuring that the cable you're using supports DisplayPort 1.4 and that both ends are securely connected.
  • Use a USB-C to HDMI Adapter/Cable: Another option is to use a USB-C to HDMI adapter or cable. Your OMEN 30L Desktop might have an HDMI port available, which you can use to connect to the Apple Studio Display.
  • Check Graphics Card Compatibility: Ensure that your desktop's graphics card supports the resolution and refresh rate of the Apple Studio Display. If not, you might need to upgrade your graphics card to one that supports the required specifications.
  • Update Drivers: Make sure your desktop's graphics drivers are up to date. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause compatibility issues with certain displays.

By trying these steps, you should be able to connect your Apple Studio Display to your OMEN 30L Desktop successfully.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help!

Based on the above information, I tried the following:

- Update the drivers

- Tried USB C to Displayport 1.4

Now my Apple Studio display can work with my desktop.

Two cables that I tried:

- Belkin

- Cable Matters

Cable Matters worked while Belkin not. I might get a dysfunction Belkin cable.

Thanks again for the help! Appreciate it!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.