Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-a010 (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My touchscreen wont work on my hp 27-a010 I tried updating it and got this:【Upgrading】Search touch device...

This touch panel IC firmware update is for ILITEK only. We identified your
touch panel IC is not ILITEK. Please ignore this firmware update program and exit this program.
This touch panel IC firmware update is for ILITEK only.
Please ignore this firmware update program and exit this program.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Koom,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It seems like the touchscreen issue you're experiencing might not be related to firmware. The error message indicates that the firmware update you tried to apply is specific to ILITEK touch panel ICs, but your device doesn't have an ILITEK touch panel IC.

Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the touchscreen issue.

• Restart Your Device: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve touchscreen issues.
  • Check Device Drivers: Ensure that your device has the correct drivers installed for the touchscreen. You can do this by going to the Device Manager (on Windows) and checking the Human Interface Devices section for any exclamation marks or warnings.
  • Update Drivers: If there are any issues with the drivers, try updating them. You can usually find driver updates on the HP website or through Windows Update.
  • Hardware Check: If the issue persists, there might be a hardware problem with the touchscreen. You could try running hardware diagnostics.
  • Factory Reset: As a last resort, you could try performing a factory reset on your device. Make sure to back up any important data before doing this, as it will erase all data on your device.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible that there may be a more significant hardware problem with the touchscreen,

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.