Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDisplay E273 68.58 cm (27" ) Monitor
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I am looking for a new monitor to work with my MacBook. Is it possible to confirm that this monitor will operate with a MacBook?

Other alternative monitors I am considering are:

• HP 27er Full-HD (27" ) IPS LED Super-thin Monitor
  • HP 27 Full-HD (27" ) Curved LED Monitor

I have experienced an issue with a previous monitor that worked with my MacBook Air but not my MacBook - hence my query before I purchase.

Many thanks for your help and input

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Please share the model of the mac book for more clarity. This monitor comes with DP 1.2 and VGA by default. Many of the mac books come with Mini DP port.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Thanks for picking up this query.  It is a 12-in MacBook with a single USB-C port.  I have an adapter for HDMI and VGA if needed - usual requirement for presentations.

1.3GHz dual-core 7th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz,Intel HD Graphics 615

I am looking for a decent sized monitor 27+, for working with multiple windows / remote desktops. Gaming and tech drawing are not issues but it must be - energy efficient, have eye protection features (non flicker, blue light reduction, etc), idealy have height adjustment to adapt for standing usage. Extra ports are nice but not essential.

Previous monitor I bought, and returned, (not HP) was a 32in but flickered terribly with my MacBook. Was ok with the older MacBook Air.  Very cautious now...

Thanks for your help
Lynda
HP Recommended

@Lynda8

Thanks much for the information.

As per the following specs given by Apple for 12 inch Mac book, the USB-C port supports Native DisplayPort 1.2 video output. However, to use it you may need HDMI video output using USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter.

https://support.apple.com/kb/SP712?locale=en_US

E273 monitor's response time can be adjusted to 5ms. This is equivalent to non-flicker to the best of my knowledge.

This has 15 CM height adjustment. It also has the display port 1.2.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05811895

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Great so this should work fine then :).  Thanks for the help.  I assume the Super Thin will also work fine and may be suitable but I know it doesn't have height adjustment.

Thanks for you help.  Will there be any discount on offer over the Easter weekend of should I just buy now!?!

Lynda

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.