Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
[Personal Information Removed]

Hi Experts,

Need help in getting caps lock water mark visualize on screen.

Please help me with the steps.

Numlock watermark is showing whenever I click numlock, but for caps lock it is not showing. 

Looking forward for your response.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Bhaskar89,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

To enable the Caps Lock indicator on the screen of your HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 (2D118AV), you can follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
  2. Click on "Ease of Access."
  3. In the left sidebar, select "Keyboard."
  4. Scroll down to the "Indicator settings" section.
  5. Toggle on the switch for "Turn on the toggle keys by holding the NUM LOCK key for 5 seconds" to enable this feature. This will also enable an indicator for Caps Lock.
  6. You can also toggle on the switch for "Display Caps Lock status on the screen" to see a notification on the screen when Caps Lock is turned on or off.
  7. Close the Settings app.

Now, when you press the Caps Lock key, you should see a notification on the screen indicating whether Caps Lock is on or off.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Elohi,

Please check the attachment, I didn't find the option you mentioned.

Also note that, if I click NumLock, it is showing on the screen as a watermark, but did not work for the CapsLock.

When I check the option you mentioned I only find toggle keys which plays only sound.

Kindly assist.

HP Recommended

Hi @Bhaskar89 ,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but it seems that the issue persists even after attempting the troubleshooting steps mentioned above.

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

This might require one-on-one interaction to fix the issue via remote assistance. 

I've sent you a private message with further instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.