Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have had a windows update and no HPOA back.

I think that other HP installed apps trigger HPOA. Since I removed them I have not had any attemps of HPOA getting reinstalled.

HP Recommended

Hi there!

Below is a link to a discussion on this topic where users indicated it was helpful:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-exactly-is-hp-one-agent-and-how-do-i-stop...

In summary, the post's solution would be open the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), go to the "Startup" tab, and disable "HP One Agent" from starting with your computer. 

SofiaML
HP Support Community

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I have tried all sorts of ways: using ccleaner to delete both HP one Agent and the repair task.

On a warm boot it never came back.

On a cold boot it came back with an additional restore point.

I have even placed a corrupt exe in the Program directory to no result.

The solution has been to go back to the factory version of Windows  =  1 hour time.

I used it as an opportunity to move to Windows 11.

No HP One Agent back. I even disallowed HP Smart to install.

HP Recommended

I have tried disabling it, deleting it and just about everything else. It still reappers and is cosntantly seeking to DEBUG but what I do not know. The machine was already slow (why I use a Dell mainly) but it now resembles treacle. Ten minutes to wait for it to settle down and then it periodically starts up again freezing the computer interface. I now switch on before a meal and then it may have got to thes tage where it has finished running for a bit. I certainly will not be buying another HP computer! Stray thought maybe if I delete my internet connection this will stop it? After all I do not use the internet much on this PC?

HP Recommended

I will NOT buy any HP hardware any longer.

Nevertheless, I have suppressed HP One Agent and it does NOT reappear even through Windows update.

It is not very easy, but it works.

Summary (after several tries)  (process at your own risk)

• make a backup of registry 
  • with autoruns (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns) in admin mode delete all lines with HP Support assistant, HP xxx HSA , HP xxx Analytics
  • reboot
  • uninstall HP One Agent with Revo Uninstaller in admin mode
    • use deep scan (standard remove does not work)
    • suppress registry keys (choose level with attention)
    • suppress files related to HPOA (same thing)
  • reboot
HP Recommended

My HP computer also started running really slowly, eventually getting to the point where I'd type a key and have to wait for the letter to show up, even in Notepad. I first blamed HP's software, then uninstalled Windows updates, turned various background programs off, etc. Because it was a fairly new computer, only a few months old, I didn't initially suspect hardware, and it did pass all HP's diagnostics. Eventually I ran chkdsk /f /r, which checks the drive outside the windows environment, and the problem turned out to be a failing SSD drive. It's worth doing that before you give up on any functionality.

HP Recommended

I had contacted Microsoft about the HP One Agent issue as it arrived on my computer initially via a Windows update and this is their reply:

Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Support. We understand your concerns about the HP One Agent software that was installed on your HP laptop following a Windows 11 update. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We want to assure you that Microsoft is committed to respecting user privacy and consent. The installation of third-party software like HP One Agent is typically managed by the hardware manufacturer, in this case, HP. However, we understand your concerns and are here to help.

From your description, it seems that the HP One Agent software is causing your computer to slow down, create multiple system restore points, and reinstall itself after each update. We understand how frustrating this can be.

We are currently investigating this issue and will work closely with HP to find a solution. In the meantime, we recommend the following steps:

1) - Disable the HP One Agent Service: You can do this by going to the Services app, finding the HP One Agent service, right-clicking it, selecting Properties, and then setting the Startup type to Disabled.
2) - Block the Software in Windows Firewall: This can prevent the software from accessing the internet and sending any data.
3) - Contact HP Support: As you’ve already done, reaching out to HP Support can provide more device-specific solutions. They may have additional steps to prevent the software from reinstalling itself.
We appreciate your patience as we work on this issue. We will keep you updated on our progress. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Best regards, Microsoft Support

I have also escalated my inquiries at HP to the next level of support (above the original level) and received a phone call and the IT guy did a remote session with my laptop and it looked like he did most of what has been previously suggested by others in this topic that will stop the HP One Agent app from reloading on reboot but it would reinstall when the next Windows update is installed. I told him this and he said to wait until the next Windows update arrives and check after installing it to see if HP One Agent re-installs or not and get a hold of him if it does. Hopefully between MS and HP this will be solved soon now that they are both aware of it - we shall see.

Forward
Attendee panel closed

HP Recommended

Thanks, HP answer (if there is one) will be interesting.

HP Recommended

GOOD NEWS - there was an update from Microsoft today that I installed and the HP One Agent app did not reinstall itself and there were no restore points created - so it appears the HP One Agent fiasco might be solved. Hopefully I won't have to eat my words (if it finds it's way back in a future Microsoft update).

HP Recommended

Today Windows Update offered me two optional driver updates from HP:  HP inc. - Software Component  - 4.2.1744.0 and HP Inc. - Software Component - 1.65.3659.0.  I installed 1.65.3659.0 and it installed HP OneAgent version 1.10.47916, which added the HP OneAgent startup entry in Task Manager and the HP OneAgent service in the Services applet.  It did not, however, create any restore points or any scheduled tasks.  I uninstalled HP OneAgent and rebooted, and it reinstalled itself.  I again uninstalled it and rebooted and it did not return.  I then installed HP Inc. Software Component 4.2.1744.0 and HP OneAgent did not get installed. I rebooted the laptop and so far HP OneAgent has not reinstalled itself.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.