Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Had to re-install Windows 11 on my Omen 40L due to black screen and not knowing my bitlocker key to get into safe mode or recover.

Would like to re-add all the default HP apps. Could anyone help me and list all the apps that I need so I can get things back like my warranty info etc.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

If that PC is supported by the HP Recovery Tool, then you can reinstall all of the HP apps by using the tool.  Go here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivershttps://support.hp.com/us-en?jumpid=in_r11839_us_en_WIN11_suppor...

Enter the serial number in the box and the  look in the drivers for the HP Recovery Tool or go here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4511095-4511141-16

If your PC is supported, using the tool will return the PC to factory settings.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

You need to understand that the solution offered does not simply reinstall the HP apps; instead, it completely reinstalls the OS, the apps, the HP utilities, and the HP drivers -- and if BitLocker came preinstalled, that as well.

So, after you get it restored and working, go into the BitLocker Management function and use the feature to export your key to a USB stick.

That way, you can use the USB stick to recover your BitLocker key if you need it in the future.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Tried the Hp Recovery Tool but after going through the process it said failed. When I press retry it just comes back to failed and retry again. Had to re-install basic win 11 using another usb to get my pc back to a running state for now.

Couple of questions I have in regards to Hp install process as I would really like to get back to factory image if I can

1, Do I need to format the hard drive first and remove previous system/recovery partitions left from previous install.

2, During process it asked if I have a second disk from Hp which I skipped as I don’t have that, is that normal and is skipping it fine.

3, at another stage it asked me “DO NOT attach any external device to the computer”, does that count for things like Hp usb, keyboard/mouse etc and do I need to remove them.

I also have a firewire card installed in the internal pcie x4 slot, I assume thats ok to leave in.

Thanks for your advice and any help going forward.

HP Recommended

That FireWire card might be causing the failed recovery.  The old versions Recovery would check to see the hardware was correct for the model in question.  Also @WAWood is correct in his comments.

Since you did not included the complete model number for the PC in question, I cannot comment further but try again without the add-on FireWire card.

If the hard drive is a normal SATA hard drive, you could try formatting or replacing the drive first as I think it expects a clean drive to do the Recovery process

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Here is the model I have:

7F639EA#ABU OMEN 40L GT21-1002na NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 Gaming Desktop

Could you also answer my two other questions re second disk and format.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

That is an impressive PC.

I see the SSD is 2TB WD  and there is another M.2 slot.  You could maybe try a clean SSD to have the recovery use, instead.

As far as the question "it asked if I have a second disk from Hp" it seems that is from the old Recovery process also, where the recovery was actually on disks, and the added disk had drivers or misc items.

I have seen where the HP Recovery Tool app is in the Microsoft "store".  I do not know how that particular tool works, so maybe try it from there if the retry with the card removed fails again.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for complements re my pc. Will have a look at the one on Microsoft store. Do I need to remove usb once it mentions external devices or leave that in.

HP Recommended

While I have not used the Recovery Tool myself, I would think that - assuming its USB flash drive that the tool made for recovery - would remain in place until finished or the instructions say to remove it.

If this issue is resolved, please post back with the comments as to how it went.

That way others reading this thread later will know.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Will do, but still debating now whether to just live with my present basic win 11 install as removing the firewire card is a bit of a hassle due to having it connected to a pcie riser cable to move it down from been directly under 4080’s fans and will be a bit awkward to get out of the pcie 4x slot due to tightness. Also would need to remove a cable in TFAN power connector as I have installed argb top exhaust fans. If I do go ahead I will post the outcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.