Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 45L Gaming Desktop PC GT22-2000i (83N29AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Could the HP BIOS engineers please enable the option to enable/disable VT-d and Kernel DMA Protection via BIOS on the OMEN Gaming Desktops? CPU and chipset would both support it, there is just no option in the BIOS to manipulate the parameters... If that's not possible so some reason, witch other mainboard/BIOS version can I use to get the option? Or do I have to throw away the whole PC?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I understand your frustration regarding the lack of options to enable/disable VT-d and Kernel DMA Protection via BIOS on your OMEN Gaming Desktop. As a dedicated HP user, it’s disappointing when essential features are missing or inaccessible.

While I don’t have direct control over the BIOS engineering team, I can offer some guidance:

Check Existing BIOS Settings:
First, ensure that you’ve thoroughly explored your current BIOS settings. Sometimes options are hidden in submenus or under different names. Dog Near Me

Restart your computer and access the BIOS by pressing a specific key during boot (usually Del, F2, F10, or Esc). Look for any relevant settings related to VT-d or DMA Protection.

BIOS Updates:
Check if there are any BIOS updates available for your specific OMEN Gaming Desktop model.
Sometimes new features or options are introduced in BIOS updates. Visit the HP support website for your model and check for the latest BIOS version.

Alternative Mainboard/BIOS Versions:
Unfortunately, switching to a different mainboard or BIOS version might not be straightforward.
Each motherboard is designed specifically for the system it’s integrated into, and compatibility issues can arise when swapping components.
If you’re determined to explore this route, consult with a professional technician or HP support to find out if any compatible alternatives exist.

Contact HP Support:
Reach out to HP support directly. Explain your situation and inquire about any planned BIOS updates or alternative solutions.
They might have insights or workarounds that aren’t publicly documented.
Avoid Drastic Measures:
Throwing away the entire PC should be a last resort. There are usually ways to work around limitations, even if they’re not ideal.
Consider other security measures (such as software-based protections) while you explore BIOS options.

Remember that your feedback matters. As a loyal HP customer, your voice contributes to product improvements. While I can’t directly influence the BIOS engineering process, I encourage you to share your concerns with HP through official channels. Let’s hope for a solution that enhances your OMEN Gaming Desktop experience! 

HP Recommended

I can't even contact HP support because my account's phone number is wrong and I can't get the web interface to accept my true number (interface says my number is too short!). 3 support tickets to change the number, number is still the same, therefore can't get a phone callback, don't have whatsapp (I don't want to expose all my contacts personal information illegally via WhatsApp, why does HP REQUIRE this?), every email address at HP bounces. The only time I got a ticket to work, the conversation quickly turned into customer support telling me the problem is already solved, because the is a button for Virtualization Technology (where are the others for VT-d & DMA Protection?) and therefore they close my ticket. 

After 30 years of experience I have to say this is the worst customer support possible. You just run in circles.

HP Recommended

Where is the generic Ctrl-V-Answer on how much HP is supporting me?

HP Recommended

If anyone want's to buy that crap system, please contact me, I just want to get rid of it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.