Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi! I'm currently having a capslock problem. The function was reversed but then I fixed it. I cleaned the key to make sure nothing was in the way. But when I press the button it appears on my screen a gray box that says if caps lock is on or off. It's annoying and distracting. Does anyone know how to remove that gray box?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Mine does the same -- but the box only says on the screen for a second or less.  Does yours do the same?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Yeah mine only stays on the screen for a second.

HP Recommended

I read the removing an HP utility known as HP Hotkey Support removes this -- but I have access to an HP laptop and it does not have that app or service and it still has on-screen notification.  I also read a thread here that said to go into Display Options, but one again, the option there to disable notifications is not in my Windows 11.

I've read several of these threads that I found but NONE of them work for me, as I have NONE of the settings they reference.  I even downloaded and installed the HP System Utility app, but it also did nothing for me, so I removed it.

I think we are stuck with this notification.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.