Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-r014

Nothing changed and all of a sudden it say set up pin so I can’t log in. I looked on YouTube and it takes you to All these troubleshooting options but I get an email pop up that asks for password! We don’t have that. Nothing works. How can I get in without losing all of my data?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If you're getting a message about your PIN code no longer being available, then watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTAOmP7k3LQ

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Renaming the NGC folder using the command prompt should remove all PIN settings and fix the problem.
1-Restart your computer while holding the SHIFT button
2-The Advanced Startup menu will open on the boot.
3-Go to Troubleshoot.
4-Now, go to Advanced Options >Command prompt
5-Run this command to take ownership of the folder:
icacls C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Ngc /T /Q /C /RESET

6-Run this command to rename the folder:
Ren C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Ngc Ngc.old
7-When finished close the command prompt then click to return to the first screen
8-Click to continue to normal boot
9-Then you should be able to sign in on Windows using your password

If you want to factory reset Windows, you can start it in the Windows Recovery Environment without the need to sign in on Windows.

1-Restart your computer while holding the SHIFT button
2-The Advanced Startup menu will open on the boot.
3-Click on Troubleshoot then click on "Reset this PC" and follow the instructions

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.