Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 9880 Desktop PC (US/CAN)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I restart my computer I get the following error message:  transmission-qt.exe - System error.

The code execution cannot proceed because J.Core.dll was not found.  Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

How can this be resolved?  Thanks for helping.

Paula Dixon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just disabled the program and that eliminated the message I was getting.  I might still attempt to get rid of it when I have more time as it gets a little involved for me.  Thank you for your assistance; really appreciate it.

Paula

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

check out

https://www.file.net/process/transmission-qt.exe.html

Sounds like you installed a bit torrent application.  Check your startup applications/processes and remove/uncheck items and reboot and test

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  Just to clarify, I should disable this or reinstall the program.  I am fairly computer literate, but some of the technical stuff escapes me.  Is this something that I should  have on my computer or do without it?  

Thanks, Paula

HP Recommended

I would uninstall ANY bit torrent program.  Unless you know what you are doing, most users will get into trouble.

When I use torrents (very rarely), I would use a portable app that I run just to get a file, then I close the program.  I don't like ANY program that starts up automatically and runs in the background unless it is absolutely necessary (ie antivirus).

Use msconfig and selective startup to trace what causes the program.  I like CCleaner as there are more options plus one can uninstall all the crapware Windows install (Xbox programs, Spotify, Microsoft Maps, etc, etc.).

HP Recommended

I just disabled the program and that eliminated the message I was getting.  I might still attempt to get rid of it when I have more time as it gets a little involved for me.  Thank you for your assistance; really appreciate it.

Paula

HP Recommended

Glad to hear it worked.

I like to use Revo Uninstaller to completely remove a problematic applications.  Just uninstalling via the control panel still leave many file and entries in the registry.  I download the portable version of Revo (https://www.revouninstaller.com/)

With a portable version, it won't install crap in other folders or mess around with the registry.

I also recommend CCleaner (used to be call crap cleaner) - www.ccleaner.com to remove junk and to check what autostarts and check what is in your task scheduler as those can be problematic areas too.

Read about the above two applications as I am sure you will need them one day 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.