Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 17-by4000 (18B36AV)

I feel someone has access to my laptop because someone is accessing my information, I can’t log in even when I change my password. Little eyecons pop up on the left top corner and Bluetooth and camera turn on when I turn it off

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Windows-11 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

This Forum does not specialize in malware detection and removal. Check Bleeping Computer for malware removal tips and Forums providing malware removal assistance.

I would install the operating system from scratch if I was in your situation. I take malware very seriously since it is unknown what potential additional damage has occurred. 

And, unfortunately, data on internal drives directly connected to the PC or external drives which were connected to the PC, while it was infected, could also be compromised.

But you should immediately disconnect this PC from the network.

I would also be concerned about all online financial activity or any other sensitive activity conducted on this PC. I would use a different PC to change all log in credentials for any accounts you accessed using this PC.

I would watch credit card activity if you purchased anything online with a credit card while using this PC.

Regards

HP Recommended

In addition to the already expert advice @Bill_To has already given you, I would add that some malware is very good at hiding itself from even the best antivirus software.  So, refomatting a drive and reinstalling Windows is not the safest thing to do -- as those files could reactivate once you are up and running in Windows again.

Instead, you need to do a Secure Erase on your drive, which WIPES it of all the data and basically blanks it out with ones and zeroes.

After that, you can reinstall Windows confident that the virus is gone from your drive.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.