Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have had a windows update this morning, no HP One Agent back as far !

I almost think problem as being solved.

HP Recommended

Hi all, I made a throwaway account just to say thank you to everyone who made a thread for this. It helped me find the workarounds posted when googling this stupid program.

Unfortunately I am not successful in keeping HP One Agent uninstalled. It keeps reinstalling upon reboot as mentioned by other people in the thread. My best guess in how this got installed to my computer in the first place is that it came with an automatic update HP fed through Windows Update for HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows.

The biggest nuisance to this is that two processes related to One Agent (hp-plugin-executor and hponeagent itself) keeps eating up processing power, with CPU floating around 10-20% consistently and heating up my laptop, making the fan spin like mad.

Best workaround to silence these processes were as mentioned in the thread but re-listing as a summary, hopefully for other passersby to locate when desperately trying to find a fix...

1. Disable HP One Agent startup through task manager.
  2. Filter and disable HPOneAgentService and \HPOneAgentRepairTask through Autoruns with administrator privileges.
  3. Completely disable HPOneAgentService startup type via its properties pane in services.msc.
  4. Disable HPOneAgentRepairTask from Task Scheduler.
  5. When you restart the PC, HP One Agent should no longer appear in Startup in task manager.

Steps 3 and 4 may be a confirmatory check that those processes are fully disabled in case Autoruns doesn't take care of it fully. I still have no idea what this software does but it definitely appears unethical that it just shows up. I wonder if it's time for me to Clean Install Windows, and in the future, avoid HP altogether.

HP Recommended

A windows update today, and HPOA is back.

HP Recommended

Yes, unfortunately HP One Agent t is back on my computer also. I am in contact with an agent from the HP escalation department and I will post when I get some info.

HP Recommended

Interesting, but I doubt you will have an answer. Fine if we have !

HP Recommended

HP One Agent will be activated if the HP Privacy Settings allows it. 

See https://www.askwoody.com/forums/topic/cannot-uninstall-hp-one-agent/  

I started the HP Privacy Settings and set "No to All". Then I unistalled HP One Agent in quite normal with Windows in "Programs and Features". 

Since thet HP One Agent never starts again. 

HP Recommended

My computer is getting a little older now so I'm going to buy another one. I will NOT be buying another HP for sure after experiencing this final straw with HP one agent.

I just uninstall it every time I start computer now because otherwise it makes my computer over work and run super loud, which can't be good.

HP Recommended

HP one agent keeps installing itself onto my Windows 10 version. I have not upgraded so it can't be an issue with MS Windows 11.

HP Recommended

You don't have to keep uninstalling it. You can turn off all three privacy permissions in HP Privacy Settings or the Privacy section of myHP, uninstall HP One Agent, and be done with it permanently.

HP Recommended

You can turn off all three privacy permissions in HP Privacy Settings or the Privacy section of myHP, uninstall HP One Agent, and be done with it permanently. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.