Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One Desktop PC 24-cb1000i (4N1P3AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I just purchased a new HP All in One to replace my aged HP HP Pavillion tower.

I wanting to connect the tower to my All in One and be able to select what I want to save on the tower and xfer it to my All in One. Each has one HDMI so that don't work. Would it be possible to connect it with HDMI on tower and USB to All in One or vice versa?

Here's a quirky part. I connected the two via HDMI then went to Settings and Devices and clicked on Add a device. My tower appeared but when I click on C it says I don't have administrator rights. I was administrator on the tower but haven't found a way to make me administrator on my All in One.

I'm pretty sure this will be considered two separate issues and if it is, please advise and I'll make two separate posts.

FYI the info on my tower is: HP Pavillion, HP-1280t, ser# 2MC2220DQR,, model OC451AAR#DQR.

Thanks  for any suggestions/help.

JEA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you're talking about hooking the two together using a network cable, the process of transferring stuff from one PC to another is nowhere near that simple.  It requires special Applications to do that.

I have used EaseUS ToDo PC Trans to migrate stuff from one PC to another and from one OS to another -- and it works great.  But, you have to buy it. The option I used was to create a transfer file, copy that to a USB stick, copy that to the other PC or OS, and reload everything from that file.  But I believe they also have a direct PC-to-PC feature -- which sounds like what you are looking for.

You can transfer data files on your own, but you can not transfer settings or applications without special software.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If you're talking about hooking the two together using a network cable, the process of transferring stuff from one PC to another is nowhere near that simple.  It requires special Applications to do that.

I have used EaseUS ToDo PC Trans to migrate stuff from one PC to another and from one OS to another -- and it works great.  But, you have to buy it. The option I used was to create a transfer file, copy that to a USB stick, copy that to the other PC or OS, and reload everything from that file.  But I believe they also have a direct PC-to-PC feature -- which sounds like what you are looking for.

You can transfer data files on your own, but you can not transfer settings or applications without special software.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.  Sorry for delay in responding, got side tracked on some "honey do's".

Yes, that's all I was interested in doing, just transferring some files, such as pics, videos, documents. Just didn't want to have to hook the old computer up to a monitor and to select the files. But, guess that's what I'll have to do to copy and paste to USB and xfer that way.

Thanks again. Appreciate your time.

JEA
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.