Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z4 G4 Workstation IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi everyone!

I currently own a Z4 G4 2123 Xeon workstation and I'm looking to enhance its performance. I'm planning to upgrade the graphics card and would appreciate any feedback before making a purchase decision.

Options I'm considering:

1. RTX 5000
  2. RTX A4000

My primary usage involves AEC (Architecture, Engineering, and Construction) software such as REVIT, Rhino, and 3DS Max, along with rendering using D5, VRay, and Lumion.

Please note that while benchmarks are available, they mostly focus on gaming performance and may not provide clear insights for professional applications. If you have any alternative upgrade suggestions, feel free to share them.

Thank you!

Brian Joel
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@YHWHJB,

How exactly does your comment relate to your original question/my response?

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@YHWHJB,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Based on these two options, the RTX A4000 is the clear winner: among other advantages, it is more recent (April 2021 vs. August 2018), build around the 8 nm process (vs. 12 nm) and a better graphics chip (GA104 vs. TU104), has a much lower TDP (140-watt vs. 230-watt), has twice the number of cores (6144 vs 3072), and only requires a single 6-pin PCIe power cable (vs. one 6-pin + one 8-pin).

However, if you can afford it, I would recommend an RTX A5000, which is considerably more powerful than an RTX A4000, and is fitted with 24 GB (vs. 16 GB) of fast GDDR6 RAM which is most helpful in rendering applications.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thank you, it doesn't matter if the slot is PCIe Gen 4 x16, as the motherboard supports PCIe Gen 3 x16.

Brian Joel
HP Recommended

@YHWHJB,

How exactly does your comment relate to your original question/my response?

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.