Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One PC 24-dp1000i (1K782AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

The mouse is not working 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Mahadev12 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your wireless mouse isn't working on your HP All-In-One PC running Windows 11, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check Batteries: Make sure the batteries in the mouse are properly inserted and have enough charge. Replace them if necessary.
  • Check USB Receiver: If your mouse uses a USB receiver, ensure it's plugged into a functional USB port on your computer. Try using a different port to rule out any issues with the current one.
  • Restart Your Computer: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues. Restart your computer and see if the mouse starts working.
  • Update Mouse Drivers: Go to the Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start button and selecting it. Look for your mouse under the "Mice and other pointing devices" section. Right-click on your mouse and select "Update driver." Follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver.
  • Check for Interference: Wireless devices can be affected by interference from other wireless devices or physical obstructions. Make sure there are no objects blocking the signal between the mouse and the receiver. Also, try moving other wireless devices away from your computer.
  • Try Another Mouse: If you have another wireless mouse available, try connecting it to see if it works. This can help determine if the issue is with the mouse itself or with the computer.
  • Check Mouse Settings: Open the Settings app in Windows 11, go to "Devices" and then "Bluetooth & other devices." Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on if your mouse uses Bluetooth connectivity. Also, check if the mouse is listed under "Other devices" and try removing it, then re-pairing it.
  • Check for Windows Updates: Ensure that your Windows 11 system is up-to-date by going to Settings > Windows Update and checking for any available updates. Install any pending updates and see if the mouse starts working afterward.

Refer to this document: HP All-in-One PC 24-dp1000i User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Mahadev12 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your wireless mouse isn't working on your HP All-In-One PC running Windows 11, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check Batteries: Make sure the batteries in the mouse are properly inserted and have enough charge. Replace them if necessary.
  • Check USB Receiver: If your mouse uses a USB receiver, ensure it's plugged into a functional USB port on your computer. Try using a different port to rule out any issues with the current one.
  • Restart Your Computer: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues. Restart your computer and see if the mouse starts working.
  • Update Mouse Drivers: Go to the Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start button and selecting it. Look for your mouse under the "Mice and other pointing devices" section. Right-click on your mouse and select "Update driver." Follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver.
  • Check for Interference: Wireless devices can be affected by interference from other wireless devices or physical obstructions. Make sure there are no objects blocking the signal between the mouse and the receiver. Also, try moving other wireless devices away from your computer.
  • Try Another Mouse: If you have another wireless mouse available, try connecting it to see if it works. This can help determine if the issue is with the mouse itself or with the computer.
  • Check Mouse Settings: Open the Settings app in Windows 11, go to "Devices" and then "Bluetooth & other devices." Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on if your mouse uses Bluetooth connectivity. Also, check if the mouse is listed under "Other devices" and try removing it, then re-pairing it.
  • Check for Windows Updates: Ensure that your Windows 11 system is up-to-date by going to Settings > Windows Update and checking for any available updates. Install any pending updates and see if the mouse starts working afterward.

Refer to this document: HP All-in-One PC 24-dp1000i User manual

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.