Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Base Model Small Form Factor PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i was trying to enable secure boot by going to the startup menu and i clicked on a type of setup and i was taken to the hp pc hardware diagnostics uefi, now whenever i try to exit it takes me to a screen that says: Boot device not found, please install an operating system to your hard disk and stuff. then from that screen it takes me back to the hp pc hardware diagnostics uefi. what can i do to fix this? WhatsApp Image 2024-05-05 at 13.50.09_bb566499.jpgWhatsApp Image 2024-05-05 at 13.50.06_465dd0bb.jpgWhatsApp Image 2024-05-05 at 13.50.02_93ad6648.jpgWhatsApp Image 2024-05-05 at 13.49.59_40cd8225.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @DM612 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

Why did you want to do Secure Boot? Did you previously disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy Support?

Most newer HP PCs (W8, W10, W11) ship with Secure Boot enabled.

This could be a tough one to figure out.

I see a 3F0 error in one of your images. This usually means the system drive has failed or the Windows boot loader is corrupted. 

Try to check your PC's hardware again using HP Diagnostics as follows:

Start the PC. Repeatedly tap the "ESC" key.

Select "F2". Run system and component tests to confirm: a drive problem, a memory problem, or other component problem. Run extensive tests.

It would be really tough to provide additional suggestions using the information you have provided. I can't figure out how you got to where you are.

Maybe go back into the BIOS if possible. Disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy Support.

Regards

HP Recommended

The thing I was trying to do with secure boot was enable it so I could get the windows 11 because it was saying on pc health check that I did not have it enabled so I was trying to enable it

HP Recommended

Hi @DM123t 

Are you also @DM612 ?

Try to disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy Support in the BIOS, if possible.

Try to undo whatever you did to cause this problem.

Otherwise I am stumped. 🤐

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.