Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop PC TG02-0000a (4H509AV)

Sometimes when I try to turn on the desktop, the front light turns on but does not display anything to the screen unless I wait for around 5 minutes. The issue is usually fixed by fully turning it off and back on s that the screen turns on immediately. Does anyone know what causes this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

What do you have the Power Buttons set to do?  Are they set to Shut Down the PC? Or are they set to Sleep or Hibernate?

Asking because holding down the power button for a while does a cold reboot of the PC and that avoids any sleep or hibernation issues.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

What do you have the Power Buttons set to do?  Are they set to Shut Down the PC? Or are they set to Sleep or Hibernate?

Asking because holding down the power button for a while does a cold reboot of the PC and that avoids any sleep or hibernation issues.

HP Recommended

Currently the button is set to shut down the PC. When I checked to see what the buttons did I saw that the option for fast start up was disabled. I turned it back on and that should help with the issue. Thank you!

HP Recommended

Actually -- it might NOT help.  All that does is force the PC into a form of hibernation -- and if you are having sleep issues, that can make it much worse.  With the newer PCs with SSDs instead of HDDs, booting is usually only a few seconds, so the increased wait time is worth having the PC boot properly every time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.