Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC TP01-2000a (2Z6C9AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, so I was using my computer as normal and all of a sudden it randomly turned off. Now, when I try to press the power button to turn it on, the light flashes once and it doesn’t turn on. I’m not sure what’s wrong. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @zeflexive 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

It is really difficult to diagnose a possible hardware problem in a Forum.

A sudden shutdown is not good. Now the PC is non responsive except for one power button flash when you try to start the PC.

Is it correct to say you have no PC activity, what so ever, (except for a power button LED flash) when you try to start the PC?

I would contact HP Support if your PC is in warranty.

Only use a mouse, keyboard, and monitor. Try just the monitor.

Try disconnecting the PC from AC power. Depress and hold down the power button for a while, three or four times, to deenergize the MB. Connect AC power. Try to start the PC again.

A no go means you will have to troubleshoot components. Troubleshooting components requires doing a minimum configuration. Then you may have to swap in different, known good core components (RAM, graphics, CPU, and MB) to find the bad part.

I can only guess you may have the following problems:

- Failed power supply,

- Any bad component connected to the MB or the MB is in trouble.

You might have to talk to a local PC Tech if your PC is out of warranty.

It is impossible to pinpoint a hardware problem in a Forum.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.